Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EddieHorton
    replied
    Oh, yeah. It's great. Got mine as a Christmas present from the folks with a 1TB NAS drive. They know what I like. :applause:

Leave a comment:

• sbisheff
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieHorton
    Skeeter, I have that exact unit. Have an Onkyo 805, as well..........great minds think alike, they say. I love the tuner, and you can really tell when it locks on to an HD station. I'm feeding it from a large directional antenna that's hanging in my attic, so I can get a lot of FM/HD stations and OTA HD from one antenna. It's pretty cool. It's hooked into one of the inputs on my Extron matrix switch, so I can hear it from any of my TV's speakers, the receiver, or the upcoming whole house audio system. Neat stuff.
    Oh wow, and all I'm doing is running it straight into the Onkyo. Man do I feel un-tech-ee :fryingpan: I do like the way the thing works and sounds, it's pretty nice. Very happy with the present :D

Leave a comment:

• EddieHorton
    replied
    Skeeter, I have that exact unit. Have an Onkyo 805, as well..........great minds think alike, they say. I love the tuner, and you can really tell when it locks on to an HD station. I'm feeding it from a large directional antenna that's hanging in my attic, so I can get a lot of FM/HD stations and OTA HD from one antenna. It's pretty cool. It's hooked into one of the inputs on my Extron matrix switch, so I can hear it from any of my TV's speakers, the receiver, or the upcoming whole house audio system. Neat stuff.

Leave a comment:

• skullguise
    replied
    I have the Sangean HD-1X (or whatever the model is). Like it a lot, though it has recently taken a bump thanks to my friggin' curious and overzealous cats! It has a digital out, but I've not used that yet.

I like the content for HD radio here in the Boston area. I hardly listened to radio at all in the home, but now listen a LITTLE more than hardly at all :biglaugh:

I was thinking of the Sony for a bedroom headphone system, but also have a wireless streamer (SMC EZ-Stream) that can pick up some internet stations. I may just stay with that.

Enjoy the Sony, though; I don't think HD radio has the selection of satellite, but it is free after all.....

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyejw
    replied
    Nice looking little unit! I'm hooked on satellite radio, though.

Leave a comment:

• sbisheff
    replied
    Originally posted by bp2007
    Very nice. :)

Hope you are not planning to keep it on top of Onkyo for very long time. The Onkyos get quite hot and this will be kind of blocking the vents on the top of the receiver.
    The Onkyo gets hot at the back of the unit so it should be just fine there. I kept checking it every 30 minutes or so and after 3-4 hours of decently loud music, it wasn't any warmer than after watching movies loud for the same amount of time. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere else to put it so that's gonna have to be it's home. I've completely opened up the back of the ET Center behind the Onkyo so it does breath very well.

Leave a comment:

• bp2007
    replied
    Originally posted by skeeter99
    I just got one of these today for my birthday, got it all hooked up and figured out (not too tough :D). I'm digging it. We've got a lot of HD stations here in Seattle (basically every station I listen to is in HD) which is really nice. The tuner is really good and you can hear the difference when it locks onto the HD channel.

Does anyone else have one of these or a different HD radio player? How do you like it and what do you like/dislike about it?

Here are the required pics (of course!)
    Very nice. :)

Hope you are not planning to keep it on top of Onkyo for very long time. The Onkyos get quite hot and this will be kind of blocking the vents on the top of the receiver.

Leave a comment:

• sbisheff
    started a topic Sony XDR-F1HD

Sony XDR-F1HD

I just got one of these today for my birthday, got it all hooked up and figured out (not too tough :D). I'm digging it. We've got a lot of HD stations here in Seattle (basically every station I listen to is in HD) which is really nice. The tuner is really good and you can hear the difference when it locks onto the HD channel.

Does anyone else have one of these or a different HD radio player? How do you like it and what do you like/dislike about it?

Here are the required pics (of course!)

Working...
X