Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHT "Closing Shop"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NHT "Closing Shop"

    Seems like they will be back in some sort of fashion / re-iteration though.
    Sound familiar???

    http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/02/25...-song-for-now/

  • #2
    :omg: "Whatshisname," (you know, that vendor in Arizona or NM. John?) over at AVS is going to have to find a new brand to champion.
    Jack

    Comment


    • #3
      You talking about Alimentall? Way back when, I was looking at all sorts of speaks, and NHT was on the list. I started talking to him via PM, and he was extremely nice and helpful..... a stark contrast to what he sometimes posts. Bipolar, maybe? :goodvibes:

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, thank you for the memory jog. Glad to hear he treated you well. I think he just tends to be combative.
        Jack

        Comment


        • #5
          You mean he was a ..... what's the right word ........ Curmudgeon?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EddieHorton
            You talking about Alimentall? Way back when, I was looking at all sorts of speaks, and NHT was on the list. I started talking to him via PM, and he was extremely nice and helpful..... a stark contrast to what he sometimes posts. Bipolar, maybe? :goodvibes:
            Not that there's anything wrong with that. :snaggletooth:
            Ray

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EddieHorton
              You talking about Alimentall? Way back when, I was looking at all sorts of speaks, and NHT was on the list. I started talking to him via PM, and he was extremely nice and helpful..... a stark contrast to what he sometimes posts. Bipolar, maybe? :goodvibes:
              I think he cost NHT more sales than he may have helped them with though.
              As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by droht
                I think he cost NHT more sales than he may have helped them with though.
                That's possible. He seemed to praise them on things he thought they did right, but would also blast them on things he thought they did wrong, from design to business decisions. He could be combative, but I did have a certain amount of respect for him always speaking his mind either way. I didn't agree with all his views regarding ported speakers being inferior or how a MTM center couldn't sound good, but that's neither here nor there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EddieHorton
                  That's possible. He seemed to praise them on things he thought they did right, but would also blast them on things he thought they did wrong, from design to business decisions. He could be combative, but I did have a certain amount of respect for him always speaking his mind either way. I didn't agree with all his views regarding ported speakers being inferior or how a MTM center couldn't sound good, but that's neither here nor there.
                  I'm thinking he turned people off to the brand at times because he was just so arrogant. If I was NHT I would've backed him off pretty severely.
                  As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does that mean Craig will have to fire himself?:raspberry: Just kidding, Craig. You get as much respect as I can give a total stranger for putting your money where your mouth is.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X