Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody try these? (Dayton DAEX25 Sound Exciters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody try these? (Dayton DAEX25 Sound Exciters)

I saw this in one of the Parts Express catalogs...

Parts Express: Dayton DAEX25 Sound Exciter Pair

At only $15/pair, they sound really interesting...

Has anyone ever tried them? I'm not expecting them to match or blow away my av123 ninja master'd rcs200 bigfoot... but I'm curious nonetheless...

Also wondering how they might react with a handful of them stuck to the back of some taut projector screen materials... Again, wouldn't match the bigfoot in audio quality, but are they decent? And if enough of them were ganged together (series-parallel configuration), could enough "power" be transmitted?

me-sa moi-curious...
    ..dane
    Attached Files
    (The first to sport a signature on TCAforum..)
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is carrying a great burden." - Philo of Alexandria
    "Love God and be nice to people." - Brooks Everett of CBC
    d&k's webpage

Hmmm....

Five pairs for an LS-10? :)
    Better living through Audio Nirvana!

Comment

OK, the seminar was boring...

and I started (where the hell are our drinking smilies???!!!) as soon as I walked in the door.....

I've bought a pair and tried them on my dog's "cone"

(JAKE!!!) you should see him bust a move when I play Beastie Boys SHAKE YO RUMP!!! It's just hard to keep him within 6' from the AVR....:nervous::snaggletooth::jiggy::biglaugh: :toilet:

Sorry Dane, read this and couldn't help myself....
      I have been tempted to try them, just for the heck of it....

Comment

I haven't tried them myself, nor am I any kind of expert on the subject, but from what I have read about them they are kind of cool as a novelty, but don't expect any kind of high fidelity out of them. Which makes sense, since you're basically turning whatever presumably heavy surface into a speaker cone.

However, I think they might be cool to stick to the outside of an above ground pool - music above AND below the water! Although I'm not entirely sure that would even work...

Comment

Originally posted by rumonkey2
          and I started (where the hell are our drinking smilies???!!!) as soon as I walked in the door.....
          We need to get together for some :beer_icon: :huge:

Comment

Yea, I think they'd be a neat toy to play with ... :)
            (The first to sport a signature on TCAforum..)
            "Be kind, for everyone you meet is carrying a great burden." - Philo of Alexandria
            "Love God and be nice to people." - Brooks Everett of CBC
            d&k's webpage

Comment

Working...
            X