No announcement yet.

Replacement amplifier for av123 x-sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement amplifier for av123 x-sub?

I have a Chinese built x-sub and one from Colombia. The one from China has never given me any problems, but the one from Colombia has a hum that happens every now and then. Sometimes more than others. I have both subs split out of my receiver. Back in the day, av123 did send me a replacement amp for it, the first one would make a plbbbtht sound now and then.

I guess just wondering if there is a replacement amp that will drop in and work with this sub.

Thanks
    Hopefully some TCA products in the near future!

Best advice I can offer is to remove the original amp and measure the size of the cutout and we could figure out what would be a good match. It is not a large, powerful amp so the costs should be relatively reasonable.

Comment

You could always ask Danny what he recommends as a replacement amp. He designed that sub [the box, not the driver] and might be the person to check with.

Here's his forum on AudioCircle:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=16.0

I used to own the x-sub, it was a nice sub for music.

Comment

Thanks y'all. I was wondering if I was going to get a reply. I have been meaning to send Danny an email about this, but just haven't got around to it. I am wondering if I am having a grounding issue and getting interference noise though my surge protector. It might be the crappy Pioneer receiver I am using. I wonder if it could be from splitting the LFE signal?
        Hopefully some TCA products in the near future!

Comment

You might want to try unscrewing your cable TV, and see if it goes away. This is the source of my hum.
          Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

http://www.dplay.com/tutorial/cablehum.html
            Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Working...
            X