BEHRINGER iNUKE NU4-6000 Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEHRINGER iNUKE NU4-6000 Now Available

Looks like Behringer finally made good on their promise to release this multichannel unit. They are popping up at various stores across the net and on ebay. Price is $549.

http://www.gearclubdirect.com/behringer-inuke-nu4-6000
    I came, I saw, I purchased.

From the website:

"2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms"

DD - What is the 4 x 4 ohm rating? Is it 750 watts x 4 since the 2 ohm rating is 1500 x 4? Is that going to be enough for you? I know you like to have some crazy power behind those mains. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla83
      From the website:

"2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms"

DD - What is the 4 x 4 ohm rating? Is it 750 watts x 4 since the 2 ohm rating is 1500 x 4? Is that going to be enough for you? I know you like to have some crazy power behind those mains. :)
      The specs look identical to the Inuke 6000. I think that may be a typo on the website. With that being said, every multichannel amp I've owned has always taken a dip when all channels are being used at the same time. So I fully expect the NU4 6000 to be weaker than it's 2 channel brother when all channels are being used.

Now how much weaker is the question. I can deal with slightly less power maybe around 800 watts a channel @ 8 ohms with all channels being used. I could also bridge two channels together from what the description states. There will be only one way to find out if this model is much weaker or comparable to the 2 channel Inuke 6000, and that is to try one out.

Worse case scenario if it sucks, I can return it and purchase two more Inuke 6000's for my speakers or a Inuke 6000 and one Inuke 3000 in bridge mode. Though bridge mode has always shown little to no difference in use to me when I've used it before, hence why I prefer not to bridge weaker amps.

Comment

DD - the 2 channel inuke is rated 2200/rms per channel into 4 ohms, correct? So if you were to split that into 4 channels it theoretically should measure about 1100/rms per channel into 4 channels.

That is still stupid power (and plenty for what I would use it for), but I know you're a sticker for having massive power on tap.

Comment

Okay Gorilla,

I believe I misinterpreted the item description. The way I read it is it's two Inuke 6000's in one chasis. However that would be the Inuke 12000. I see the overall peak ratings are the same for this amp. Which means they are splitting the power up further with the addition of two additional channels. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

So I estimate this amp will be putting out roughly 500 watts per channel @ 8ohms. I don't want to go under the kilowatt mark for any amp I own at this point. So I will have to look for another amp to power my single U15. I could get a Inuke 3000 or EP 4000 and bridge it. But oh man. I hate bridge mode so much. Never sounds any different to me.

Comment

DD - Berry never makes it easy to find, but here is the spec sheet:

http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU4-...ebBrochure.pdf

Max output power, 4 channels:

8 ohms: 440 x 4
            4 ohms: 860 x 4

These numbers seem a bit lower than normal considering the way Berry specs stuff, but maybe these are closer to legit than normal?

Still it's a ton of power for the $$$ and would excellent for powering L/C/R or bi-amping L/Rs! I've still been hunting for deals on matching XLS2000s for my center and surrounds and this option sure is a lot cheaper.

Comment

These numbers seem a bit lower than normal considering the way Berry specs stuff, but maybe these are closer to legit than normal?

Still it's a ton of power for the $$$ and would excellent for powering L/C/R or bi-amping L/Rs! I've still been hunting for deals on matching XLS2000s for my center and surrounds and this option sure is a lot cheaper.
              Yeah I'm gonna get a Behringer Nu4-6000 to bi amp the mids/highs of my L and R speakers then bridge the last two channels to power my center. Then I will have everything I need from my LCR. Great midbass punch and clear, refined highs with plenty of power going to each section of the L/R speakers.

Comment

I just read some additional documentation which states the rms power is 315 x 4 for this unit.:( Oh man. I hope that is enough to make a difference when I biamp the mids/highs for my speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X