Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Channel Interconnects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 5 Channel Interconnects

    I need a set of 1M RCA's for pre/pro to amp and was looking at the Blue Jeans multi channel IC's. They are reasonably priced and BJC are pretty respected for making quality cables at reasonable prices. I'm sure they'll be just great for me but was curious if there were any other suggestions for around the same price (roughly $80)? I'd also be up for buying used if someone has a 5-channel set they want to sell.

    Ideas/thoughts?

    Scott

  • #2
    I use Blue Jeans cables from my pre/pro to my amp and have been very happy with them. I shopped around a little, and you probably won't find cheaper without sacrificing some quality. I also tried monoprice cables but found that some of the cables didn't really have a snug fit.

    Comment


    • #3
      I own a couple of pairs of interconnects from this guy.
      http://home.comcast.net/~jafix/index.html

      The KV01's easily replaced my older MIT T3's and T4's.
      I shaved my balls for this :salute:

      Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212
      Tama drums, Zildjian cymbals, Jackson & Epiphone guitars, Marshall amps

      Comment


      • #4
        I watched seemingly forever for a good set of these to come up on ebay. Not sure about the quality of the Altona set that are routinely listed there, but I'm curious too as I may need another set.

        From my searching, it seems the more reasonably priced versions of these have been discontinued.
        Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

        Comment


        • #5
          I'll probably pick up the BJC ones I think. They seem like good quality without breaking the bank.

          I looked up Altona on eBay and didn't see any of theirs on there so I can't comment on them.

          Those industrial valve audio ones are a bit too pricey for me but good suggestion. Thank you :applause:

          Scott

          Comment


          • #6
            I've got our main setup entirely wired with BJC, and my bonus room mostly wired with BJC, and what's not is being slowly replaced. I don't think their cables can be beat for the money. They aren't monoprice, which I think represents great value, but I think BJC represents a good step up from monoprice's reasonable price and value, to the next level. The only negative I see is that they can be a bit on the stiff side, and the terminations tend to be a bit long, but I highly recommend them. Their customer service is top notch too!
            Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tthurman
              I've got our main setup entirely wired with BJC, and my bonus room mostly wired with BJC, and what's not is being slowly replaced. I don't think their cables can be beat for the money. They aren't monoprice, which I think represents great value, but I think BJC represents a good step up from monoprice's reasonable price and value, to the next level. The only negative I see is that they can be a bit on the stiff side, and the terminations tend to be a bit long, but I highly recommend them. Their customer service is top notch too!
              Yeah I really didn't want to do monoprice. The quality is fine for the price but I really want nicer stuff. My company owns Liberty Wire and Cable and I can get their top o the line Z500 series cables for $20 per pair the only problem is they only have 3M versions available. That's just way too much length. If they were 1M I would definitely pick them up. I contacted another vendor Quiktron and they are going to send me 3 sets of their top of the line cables in 1M for free. I still may get the BJC ones just to try out as well. Can always use extra IC's laying around.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by skeeter99
                Those industrial valve audio ones are a bit too pricey for me but good suggestion. Thank you :applause:

                Scott
                Last pair I got about a year ago was $60 + $3 shipping for 1 meter if that helps. He might give you a deal if you order several at the same time.:peeping:
                I shaved my balls for this :salute:

                Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212
                Tama drums, Zildjian cymbals, Jackson & Epiphone guitars, Marshall amps

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wendigo
                  Last pair I got about a year ago was $60 + $3 shipping for 1 meter if that helps. He might give you a deal if you order several at the same time.:peeping:
                  I swore I saw they were 80 per set or something like that then reread again after I posted and couldn't find the price. Maybe I'll pick up a set to try out with my CD player.

                  Scott

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by skeeter99
                    I swore I saw they were 80 per set or something like that then reread again after I posted and couldn't find the price. Maybe I'll pick up a set to try out with my CD player.

                    Scott
                    Ok I see it. Down towards the bottom of the page between the last graph and customer comments.
                    http://home.comcast.net/~jafix/interconnect.html
                    Have not been on his site for a while I see he has added the prices in. When I got mine he was making them per order.
                    I shaved my balls for this :salute:

                    Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212
                    Tama drums, Zildjian cymbals, Jackson & Epiphone guitars, Marshall amps

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wendigo
                      Ok I see it. Down towards the bottom of the page between the last graph and customer comments.
                      http://home.comcast.net/~jafix/interconnect.html
                      Have not been on his site for a while I see he has added the prices in. When I got mine he was making them per order.
                      Haha I knew I wasn't blind :applause: He sells on eBay now so might pick up a pair to try out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Let us know how it goes.
                        I shaved my balls for this :salute:

                        Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212
                        Tama drums, Zildjian cymbals, Jackson & Epiphone guitars, Marshall amps

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I ordered up the BJC set. $80 smackers shipped so we'll see how they do :applause:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't know how these sound yet but as far as the build quality goes, these things are great! They're not going to win any snobby awards but they're a definite step up from Monoprice :applause: The connectors are very nice, the cable is very nice quality with a nice feel and reasonably flexible. We'll see how they work out next week!
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Those look like the ones I built -

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X