Area Home Theater Meet - Oct 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area Home Theater Meet - Oct 2012

Thought this would fit in the DIY section.

There is a home theater tour in a few weeks in Omaha.

Omaha Home Theater Tour 2012

The theaters consist of desertdome (LS-6 pair he just finished along with IB setup), HuskerOmaha (SHO-10s/UXL-18 Quads), W00ly (awesome SMX? screen with all the audio treatments and 2 dual opposed subs dd just built), nebrunner (SHO-10 7.2 setup with DTS-10 and JTR Growler).

If you are in the neighborhood, would recommend swinging by. The info is in the thread.

It is amazing how much more bass output in a well treated and designed room (w00lys) is perceived. He had a SVS12? I think and now the dual opposed and it just blows the experience out of the water compared to my untreated room with 4x18"s.
    Nebrunner recently just finished his dedicated theater.
    Andersa will be the 5th stop.

4/5 theaters utilize a HTPC.
    2/5 theaters utilize SHO-10s.
    3/5 theaters are dedicated.

Come and check it out if you can-should be a fun time.:woo:
    -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Man! This sounds like a heck of a good time! I just wish it was closer to my neck of the woods. Have a great event and please post pics and impressions!

Best.....Carlo.

Comment

The home theater meet was a great success. We had about 30 guys including a few from CHT forum.

The biggest suprise to me was Desertdome's LS-6 pair. Probably the best reproduction of music I've ever heard, and I was off in a corner of the room by his kitchen.
      -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

I was late, had to work. Only got to see two of the four theaters and bummed I missed meeting up with you, Greg.

Loved the LS-6's. They don't really need subs, but there are also four Acoustic Elegance 15" subs in an infinite baffle configuration behind each floor grate (8 total!) Once again, Mojave demonstrated the best 2 channel sound I have ever heard. I might sell my car so I can get a pair of LS-6's, I wouldn't be leaving the house afterward, so I don't need a car. :biglaugh:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	77772

Name:	IMG_1443.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	77773

Name:	IMG_1450.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	77774

Andersa's Theater:

Name:	IMG_1440.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	77775

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	77776

Comment

It was a good time. I really enjoyed seeing other setups and chatting with guys who share the same passion.

Husker - We will get that stuff in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TWISM
            It was a good time. I really enjoyed seeing other setups and chatting with guys who share the same passion.

Husker - We will get that stuff in the mail tomorrow.
            Thanks! Great meeting you guys. Maybe I can get a good seal now:peeping:
            -Greg

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Working...
            X