• Show
Clear All

• Inuke 6000 and Inuke 3000 Bench Tests

Inuke 6000 bench test

http://forum.speakerplans.com/behrin...202_page1.html

Inuke 3000 Bench Tests

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class...surements.html
    I came, I saw, I purchased.

ok, someone dumb this down for the morons in the audience like me that don't know that those bench tests are saying...
    LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
    Subs: 4 x 18.2
    Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

This spec from the NU3000 sticks out for me...

With 8 ohm load:
      20Hz = 282 Wrms
      10Hz = 230 Wrms

Add 4 dB of EQ boost centered at 20 Hz, and what do ya get? :peeping:

Comment

bibety bobety boo?
        Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Clipping turns your subs into goo.

Comment

When considering the 282 Watts at 20 Hz, this post from January is worth revisiting ....

https://www.chasehometheater.com/for...&postcount=120

Comment

Yeah, stereo 8 ohms was a disaster. Seems like a few are having good luck with the NU3000 bridged mono 4 ohm, and the NU6000 should be up to the task of driving 18.1 sealed pairs, or even four high pass filtered VS 18.1 subs.

Comment

Dennis - Using the amplifier in stereo mode - meaning 2 channels at under 300 WPC (into subwoofer frequencies) while leaving the limiter off was not the disaster.

Up to the limits, the amp would be just fine.

The disaster was in the analysis as done on the AVS forum.

Mr. Archaea insisted that the amp was bottoming the drivers. This means the laws of Physics would have had to have been suspended. 282 watts would be incapable of bottoming the drivers.

It takes about 1200 watts to bottom one of our drivers in the sealed enclosure.

Mr. Archaea also insisted (and still insists) that he was treated in an "unprofessional manner" here.

Apparently, pointing out Physics (and asking him to call me at a toll free phone number to have a friendly chat - which he has been asked to do consistently since January) is "unprofessional" in his eyes. The offer still stands, Mr. Archaea. You can keep on telling people how I mistreated you (when you refuse to talk about this man to man), or you can call me at our company's toll free number and talk it over. The choice is completely yours. My proverbil door is open to you. :)

The use of the Behringer meant that our subs were operating at 6 dB less than the levels at which they were capable. To put this in the simplest terms - the pair of SS-18.1's, as done in the test there, were capable of the same output as a single SS-18.1 with the Dayton amp.

In addition to that, with the amp's limiter turned off, and the high SPL's being attempted at this GTG, the amps were distorting heavily.

Honest analysis by the parties at hand would have been most useful. It's too bad that honesy analysis is not what many people prefer on AVS.

What would honest analysis had been by the individual running the test? (If anyone thinks I am wrong, let me know) In my opinion, honest analysis would have been something like this:

Many of us have heard the SS-18.1's (or something close to it such as the SS-18.2). The pair of SS-18.1's did not perform very well in this test. After some research, it has become clear that the amp was not suitable for this test. We were driving all the subwoofers (except the Orbit Shifter) pretty hard. The Inuke amp we used would start clipping at something around 300 watts to each SS-18.1 - about 1/4th the power required to driver the SS-18.1's to their maximum potential.

We also (inadvertantly) left the limiter to off, so the amp would have been clipping severely. This information should be taken into account when looking at the results.

As an aside - I mentioned (in that post in January) that a Quad pack of VS-18.1's and a Marathon 5050 amp would have delivered 134 dB in Archaea's room. A single VS-18.1 delivered 114 dB @ 2 meters ( in the 20-31.5 Hz ultra low bass region) using a pro amp. This means a quad pack would have delivered 126 dB at 2 meters outdoors in the ultra low bass area.

With reasonable boundary gain, the 134 dB would easily be reached.

Comment

Thanks gents for spelling that out, and Craig, that makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Guys - LTD02 wrote me on AVS on August 25. I can log in there, but cannot communicate with people.

Would someone let him know he can reach me here?

Thanks!

Comment

Done!

Hi LTD,

Craig posted the following over at the chasehometheater.com/forum:

Guys - LTD02 wrote me on AVS on August 25. I can log in there, but cannot communicate with people.

Would someone let him know he can reach me here?

Thanks!
                      So, that's what I'm doing.
                      :)
                      Jack

Comment

Thanks, Jack!

Comment

De nada. :salute:
                          Jack

Comment

Originally posted by tesseract
                            Yeah, stereo 8 ohms was a disaster. Seems like a few are having good luck with the NU3000 bridged mono 4 ohm, and the NU6000 should be up to the task of driving 18.1 sealed pairs, or even four high pass filtered VS 18.1 subs.

I bought a Nu6000 to pair with dual VS-18.1's last week. Hopefully, Everything will play nice when I get them hooked up here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by redfive
                              I bought a Nu6000 to pair with dual VS-18.1's last week. Hopefully, Everything will play nice when I get them hooked up here soon.
                              I think it'll run them fine.

I would be more concerned with popping a breaker....considering I thought they said it pulled up to 80A.... not sure if I skimmed too fast or not. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X