X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eD closing it's doors.

Not shocking news, but sad none the less, IMO. Here's the blog post:

http://blog.edesignaudio.com/?p=1792

Saw that coming a few years ago. I feel sorry for the people who got screwed but with a little research they would have known not to order from them. The people with the bad amps at least have eD's contractor working with them over at AVS to get them repaired and sent back to them. He even got screwed out of money. Remonds me of another speaker company that went belly up.

Comment

Wow. Sad to hear. Prayers go out for the employees. They suffer the most.
      engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

I do feel for the guys, and hope everyone comes out whole.

Comment

I actually had no idea trouble was brewing at ED. Hadn't really paid much attention to their products of late either though. Hopefully not too many people end up screwed.
          Angel City Audio
          East Street Audio

ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce, KR Audio

Comment

The writing was on the wall for ED over the last few years. Crappy amps, rewriting warranty info, not honoring warranties, stalling customers, lying to customers, not calling customers back, not responding to email inquiries, long wait times, along with zero customer service.

I feel bad for the good employees who were just doing their job under bad management. Once Alex was done spin doctoring and stalling customers he cut ship. What a shame. But as said before, all of the pending customers this year had plenty of warning before handing their money over to ED.
            I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

Sad that another ID speaker company goes under. Does anyone familiar with the AV123 saga see some similarities, even though their business models (I use that term loosely here) were a bit different?

Comment

Originally posted by Skiman
                Does anyone familiar with the AV123 saga see some similarities
                Both were spearheaded by a smooth talking liar.
                I came, I saw, I purchased.

Comment

With what little I've read about ED's down fall I would agree with diamonddelts assessment of the situation. I hadn't been paying attention on the forums that ED's customers were not getting products or service of any kind. I’m saddened that so many were taken advantage of by a slick sales guy that couldn't back up all the talk. That in itself is reminiscent of MLS' style of running a business. Hope most if not all of everyone that lost out on this deal gets made whole.
                  Originally posted by dvenardos, it mad me laugh and now it's my sig.
                  Originally posted by dvenardos
                  Your right, the TCA sub is crap, it couldn't possibly compete with an MFW-15 or a name brand 12" sub, and Jack and Ray are just schilling for their boss. We should know better than to listen to what those bozos have to say.

Comment

Guys - As the Elemental Designs issue winds down, there may be some people who are left "stranded" due to the nature of such an event.

I am not permitted to post on AVS because, in their words, I am banned for "marketing" there. Please convey to anyone who is out equipment for which he paid that will will do whatever we can to help.

Communication will have to be done here - I am sure you understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub
                      Guys - As the Elemental Designs issue winds down, there may be some people who are left "stranded" due to the nature of such an event.

I am not permitted to post on AVS because, in their words, I am banned for "marketing" there. Please convey to anyone who is out equipment for which he paid that will will do whatever we can to help.

There is also an eD thread at HTS, I can pass the word on. What did you have in mind, Craig?

Comment

eD's departure will be missed, I don't see many id companies that can do it all, cnc and finish their own enclosures and build some of their drivers. When it worked smoothly, it was an impressive accomplishment. If only the US had a method that could cheaply produce high quality, reliable amps as well.

I won't argue the multiple problems many had with them, but it seems to me more times than not, it became over hyped and turned into a feeding frenzy. When supply turns sour on a company, if you can't work out a solution or find an alternate, you're in trouble. I empathize with Alex and hope everyone recovers some satisfaction and heals.

Comment

Originally posted by tesseract
                          There is also an eD thread at HTS, I can pass the word on. What did you have in mind, Craig?
                          No one knows the extent of the possible damage. It may be nothing, or there may be guys who paid for an entire system and are now getting nothing.

For now, I would just want to talk to anyone who possibly paid for gear that he didn't get and see what we can do to help.

I prefer to keep this quiet, and not to make it some major public forum display. I would start with talking to each person individually, and taking it from there.

SO ... if anyone wants to discuss the issue, please direct him/her to our toll free number. :)

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub

And this is the very reason why I purchased 3 Sho-10s for my front soundstage in my great room. Craig is a standup guy. When I first started researching HT gear, my original sub stopped working, Craig offered to help. Guys keep in mind this is 5+ years ago, way before CHT. I didn't take him up on that offer but it was much appreciated.

I hope that CHT is around a very long time. When I eventually get my Basement finished, CHT will be the first place I look for a sub solution.

Comment

It seems to me that a boutique business like CHT or ED is easier to run if it's not your livelihood. There's too much on the line if it is. On the other hand, doing it like Craig has been is great. He has very little pressure to squeeze profitability or make promises to customers - which is actually the best; customers have more reasonable expectations and the bosshole can do it as long as it's fun and worth his time. I mean, if CHT were to shut down for the summer or something, some customers would take their business elsewhere, but there's nothing stopping Craig from coming and going from the market as he pleases (I know it's not actually that simple, since Craig has bills to pay and employees to consider, but from a market presence standpoint it would be okay, IMO.) Meanwhile, if he was relying on CHT to pay his mortgage, there would be a lot more pressure to try to force a situation that really just needed time to resolve. In any case, taking money for goods or services before having them to deliver is a tough way to do business - would make me uneasy from either side of that transaction.

I don't actually know anything about the folks at ED, but that's just my casual perception.

Comment

Working...
                              X