Emo or virtue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emo or virtue

I'm looking to add a low priced two channel amp to add to my system. I will be using a H/K 240 as a pre for now. Emo has the UPA-2 on sale for $269 with free shipping and the virtue one is about the same cost. Which amp would be the best to add?

Originally posted by tooskinny
    I'm looking to add a low priced two channel amp to add to my system. I will be using a H/K 240 as a pre for now. Emo has the UPA-2 on sale for $269 with free shipping and the virtue one is about the same cost. Which amp would be the best to add?
    See here:
    http://www.av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=40411&page=2
    Hugh
    MELODY US Distributor
    www.angelcityaudio.com

A man is only as good as his words.

Comment

I kind of like the idea of the Virtue minus the H/K as a pre :blockhead:

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh
        Think I missed what you were pointing out?

Comment

Originally posted by dweekie
          I kind of like the idea of the Virtue minus the H/K as a pre :blockhead:
          The only reason for the H/K would be for volume control. I do like to listen to multi channel music at times as well.

Comment

Think I missed what you were pointing out?
            I have some integrated amps for sale. :)
            Hugh
            MELODY US Distributor
            www.angelcityaudio.com

A man is only as good as his words.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh
              I have some integrated amps for sale. :)
              Great amps, but a little more than I was looking to spend.

Comment

I have a virtue one getting ready to ship out. I will pass along my impression when it arrives

Comment

Originally posted by the7comeback7kid
                  I have a virtue one getting ready to ship out. I will pass along my impression when it arrives
                  can't wait to hear your impressions. Are you going to run it standalone?

Comment

can't wait to hear your impressions. Are you going to run it standalone?
                    ps3->hdmi->Marantz 5003->Virtue one with 30w PSU->X-static

I will also be giving it a run with elt 525m's and some PSB's.

I also will be using it directly from my laptop through a creative x-fi to test with the ELT's to compare directly with the gizmo.

Comment

ps3->hdmi->Marantz 5003->Virtue one with 30w PSU->X-static

I will also be giving it a run with elt 525m's and some PSB's.

I also will be using it directly from my laptop through a creative x-fi to test with the ELT's to compare directly with the gizmo.
                      Be interested to hear how they sound on the x-static.

I would be using a H/K to run Deftech BP10's and a MFW.

Comment

I see Spearit Sound has the NAD C325BEE refurb on sale for $269 and free shipping and CI9060 for $469. Hmmm Emo or NAD?

Comment

I did a mini review of the Virtue Two. In my system I found it far superior to my Outlaw 7100 and the x-amp:
                          http://www.av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=39970

Comment

Just got my virtue and am breaking it in. Have about 5 hours of listening with it now and thus far is seems like a nice little amp. To be honest I think it sounded better on my x-ls's than with my xstatiks. Who knows we will give them some more break in and see where things go. SP3 comes tomorrow so we will see what will stay.

Comment

Just got my virtue and am breaking it in. Have about 5 hours of listening with it now and thus far is seems like a nice little amp. To be honest I think it sounded better on my x-ls's than with my xstatiks. Who knows we will give them some more break in and see where things go. SP3 comes tomorrow so we will see what will stay.
                              :cool: Let us know which one you end up keeping.
                              I should hook up the Virtue Two to my ref 1s and see how it sounds with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X