Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For You Car Audio Guys, but if you aren't, this is still cool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbisheff
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin R
    The days of car audio.. Looking at the PPI amps bring back memories.
    I LOVE the old PPI Art series amps. Beautiful looking and fantastic sounding as well :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin R
    replied
    The days of car audio.. Looking at the PPI amps bring back memories.

Leave a comment:

• mhawker
    replied
    Good site. All of the e-salers of car audio amps post pics of their item's internals and refer to that site to prove they are selling authentic product.

Leave a comment:

• soloz2
    replied

I still have one of these in my trunk! :D

Best amp I had and even after all these years it's still driving the pair of 10SD solo baric subs I got with it. :D Although, it is only rated at 360x1 4ohms mine puts out 555 :D.

Leave a comment:

• kingdeezieav123refugee
    replied
    I used to be into car audio.

In fact last April I sold my 2006 Xterra, and that had some Phoenix Gold equipment in it; albiet the post 2003 "garbage."

I had a Xenon 200.4 and a Xenon 1200.1 in there.

I was running Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components in the front, with some Infinity Kappa 6x9's in the rear.

Sub was a 12 inch Eclipse Titanium in a 3.5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 32 HZ.

It packed some pretty nice everyday listening SPL.

I sold the Xterra because of the price of gas costing me 500 dollars a month.

I bought a 2008 Accord V6EX-L.

Sometimes I think about loading it up with some stuff. :jiggy:

Leave a comment:

• sbisheff
    replied
    Here are a couple pics:

MS1000

Frank Amp'n Stein:

Leave a comment:

• For You Car Audio Guys, but if you aren't, this is still cool!

I worked in Car Audio for a long time before moving over to home audio and had quite a few systems. I always loved building stuff and installing systems (even though I was a salesman/manager) and always was a big fan of the older Phoenix Gold amps. Think MS1000, M100, Frank-Amp-N'Stein, etc.

Well, Phoenix Went WAY down in around 2003-ish and now is only a sliver of its former self and owned by a different company altogether. So I was trying to find some info on their retired products and came across this site: http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/

It's TONS of amps, their basic specs, and pics of their insides. Take a gander at some of the old Phoenix designs, some very cool looking (and sounding) stuff!

Enjoy!

Scott
Working...
X