"the 600" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the 600" ?

Seen Craig make reference to this amplifier in a thread about the subs, but can't find a description of what this thing is. Someone please elucidate?

/T

Originally posted by TDRX
    Seen Craig make reference to this amplifier in a thread about the subs, but can't find a description of what this thing is. Someone please elucidate?

/T
    I believe it's the sub1 amp. There are different versions. The 600 refers to its stereo rms output @8ohms per channel. I think it is 900rms @4ohm.

This thread has more info on it.
    https://www.chasehometheater.com/for...t=4957&page=12

Comment

The 600 is a two channel amplifier rated (conservatively) at 600 WPC @ 8 ohms and 900 WPC @ 4 ohms. It is designed to be a step up from the Dayton, and is for use primarily with the SS-18.2 as a pair.

We anticipate a system package of appx. $2500 for the amp and a pair of SS-18.2's.

I am using the prototype in our system and love it.

The Sub1 is a totally different animal - it is a mono amp for use with the VS-18.1.

Hope this helps. :)

Comment

How much longer till these new amps are available for public consumption? :D

Comment

The Sub1's will be available in June - The model 600 I am waiting for Rock to secure a warranty center. We will have parts for it, but want to make sure we have a service center lined up before I order $42,500 worth of amps. :peeping:

Comment

Originally posted by craigsub
            The 600 is a two channel amplifier rated (conservatively) at 600 WPC @ 8 ohms and 900 WPC @ 4 ohms. It is designed to be a step up from the Dayton, and is for use primarily with the SS-18.2 as a pair.

We anticipate a system package of appx. $2500 for the amp and a pair of SS-18.2's.

The Sub1 is a totally different animal - it is a mono amp for use with the VS-18.1.

I see... I had them mixed up and slightly merged :doh:

Are they made by the same company? If sold individually, what do you see as the price points?:poke:

Comment

The 600 will be available for $850 as a stand alone unit. The Sub1 is only available with a VS-18.1 as a package. There will be more detail on this, but the Sub1 is intended to be a "you cannot hurt the sub or amp" product.

It has a hard wired 20 Hz subsonic filter and the BASH amp is something I have been unable to clip. It also is completely noise free and comes with a 5 year warranty.

This VS-18.1 package is designed to be the "DIY" subwoofer for the guy who does not want to build one.

I am anxious to get Josh Ricci's thoughts on it.

Comment

The 600 will be available for $850 as a stand alone unit. The Sub1 is only available with a VS-18.1 as a package. There will be more detail on this, but the Sub1 is intended to be a "you cannot hurt the sub or amp" product.

It has a hard wired 20 Hz subsonic filter and the BASH amp is something I have been unable to clip. It also is completely noise free and comes with a 5 year warranty.

This VS-18.1 package is designed to be the "DIY" subwoofer for the guy who does not want to build one.

I am anxious to get Josh Ricci's thoughts on it.
                Any options for existing VS-18.1 owners for a potential upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by BobDolez
                  Ditto! :)

Comment

Thanks. But any more info?
                    Is there a fan?
                    Is there a PEQ, like on Dayton?
                    Is there continuously adjustable phase?
                    Bass boost?
                    Any other features?

Thanks

Comment

...I am anxious to get Josh Ricci's thoughts on it.
                      This will be very exciting to read! And a great place to be tested with his growing data-bass.

But with all good things comes a disappointment - with FPB finally running out of all his talking points to trash CHT, will you be offering him an apology? The boy needs some reason to live, and you're taking it all away from him. :hissyfit:

Comment

Originally posted by TDRX
                        Thanks. But any more info?
                        Is there a fan?
                        Is there a PEQ, like on Dayton?
                        Is there continuously adjustable phase?
                        Bass boost?
                        Any other features?

Thanks
                        There is a fan, but it is very quiet - and outside that, there are no features other than being almost impossible to clip.

The Dayton will be kept in the lineup as a great amp for use with our subs - this new amp is for guys who want 2, 4 or 8 SS-18.2's.

Afterall, an 8 pack is under $10,000 with amp, and will be good in the largest home theaters.

We just want to give people lots of options! :)

Comment

Originally posted by BobDolez
                          Unfortunately, we will only be able to offer the Sub1 as part of a package with a VS-18.1 - at least in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by sbdman
                            This will be very exciting to read! And a great place to be tested with his growing data-bass.

But with all good things comes a disappointment - with FPB finally running out of all his talking points to trash CHT, will you be offering him an apology? The boy needs some reason to live, and you're taking it all away from him. :hissyfit:
                            Well ... we may stink up the joint at Data-Bass. :peeping:

Comment

Unfortunately, we will only be able to offer the Sub1 as part of a package with a VS-18.1 - at least in the near future.
                              Craig, sorry if I missed it, what's the offering on the VS package(s) with the sub1?

Comment

Working...
                              X