Parasound 2100 Preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasound 2100 Preamp

Wondering if anyone has used a Parasound 2100 2 channel pre? One of my main ?'s would be about the tone defeat controls. The sub output level control is in the same cluster on the front panel with the bass and treble, so would using the tone defeat bypass the Sub level control as well?

I shaved my balls for this :salute:

Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212
    Tama drums, Zildjian cymbals, Jackson & Epiphone guitars, Marshall amps

http://www.parasound.com/nc/2100.php - "Balance control, bass & treble controls with defeat button".

I highly doubt the sub level or low pass filter is affected by the defeat feature.

This is a highly regarded pre. I like the HT bypass, useful for dual purpose HT/2 channel systems.

Comment

I am using one in my 2 channel system. The tone controls do not affect the sub level in my experience, although I usually leave the tone off. It is an excellent pre, although my experience with separates is pretty limited.

Comment

Originally posted by bkellison
        I am using one in my 2 channel system. The tone controls do not affect the sub level in my experience, although I usually leave the tone off. It is an excellent pre, although my experience with separates is pretty limited.
        Have you found any need to use an outboard EQ to boost the lowest frequencies for a sub?

Denon DVD1920, NAD C352, Hafler XL280 & XL600, B&W 602s3, MiniDSP, CHT 18.T(the duo), Acoustic Research PR1212

Comment

No, I haven't used any EQ. I get plenty of low end as is. I am using the crossover on the Pre (80 Hz, I believe) and running a single cable to the sub. Works great. Of course, I'm not the serious Basshead that some here are, and I only use this system for music, no movies.

Comment

Originally posted by bkellison
            No, I haven't used any EQ. I get plenty of low end as is. I am using the crossover on the Pre (80 Hz, I believe) and running a single cable to the sub. Works great. Of course, I'm not the serious Basshead that some here are, and I only use this system for music, no movies.
            Thanks for the replies. I am interested in this pre because I plan on getting some Chase subs in the future and I think this will help keep my setup simple. If I have to add an eq between my preamp and sub amp so be it but I would probably do that after playing with the Parasound a while.
            My system is used about 90% music and concert video and the rest TV.

Comment

How about this?

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/.../products/usp1

Comment

Originally posted by Wendigo
                Have you found any need to use an outboard EQ to boost the lowest frequencies for a sub?
                You will need to do this with sealed subs, especially in your room. I would go ported.

Comment

Working...
                X