Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth the cost of admission to go from Audissey MultiEQ to XT32?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth the cost of admission to go from Audissey MultiEQ to XT32?

Is this something worth doing when running two subs via extarnal amp such as the CHT VSs? Currently I have Onkyo HT-Rc270 and was thinking of upgrading to something like Onkyo 3008. This would mean $600 need to be spent. Will this be worth it? What benefits could I see from my current AVR in a 7.2 setup?

What happened? I know someone responded to my post?

Comment

No idea what happened but I remember reading HuskerOmaha's reply to this.

Comment

Ahhh thats what happened. :(

Comment

What happened???? I must be missing something but I would also like to know if it is worth going to 32 from XT?

Comment

I have the 5008 and I think the XT32 does a GREAT job. My only concern is that it is black box, meaning I can't see the actual before/after graphs. If you don't want the XT32 another option is to try and find a used SVS EQ-1. Then you can also see what it is actually doing.

Comment

Thanks, Part of the problem with Audyssey is exactly what you say, not being able to see results. I had the SMS-1 and really probably should have just kept that but I am just wondering if in my case haveing the Marantz with MultEq would it be worth the extra money going to XT32 or just going to XT?

Comment

Well, I just spent $210 getting equipment to get into REW so I can see what the heck XT32 is doing. Don't get me wrong, I like what I hear. I just want to KNOW :)

Comment

Originally posted by madpoet
                  Well, I just spent $210 getting equipment to get into REW so I can see what the heck XT32 is doing. Don't get me wrong, I like what I hear. I just want to KNOW :)

Fantastic, I would love to see what you find. Please post your results when you get them. :begging::yes:

Comment

Will do, this is what I am starting with:

http://polaraudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/calibration.html

Comment

Very nice, I will be looking forward to your results. :applause:

Comment

Well i just "avoided" those "problems" :) and went with Anthem MRX500. They have the ARC system. After hearing xt32 setup and ARC setup the room/speakers in my dealers room, without anything else being touched, there was no doubt in my mind what I wanted to have in my house. On its way to my door today :woo: now lets hope the pair of VSs keep up ;)

Comment

Could you share a bit more on what you thought were the differences between ARC and XT32?
                          LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
                          Subs: 4 x 18.2
                          Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Working...
                          X