Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbalanced to Balanced Converter other than Cleanbox pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbalanced to Balanced Converter other than Cleanbox pro?

Looking to purchase two additional unbalanced to balanced converters. I wanted to try something new other than the Cleanbox Pro since I already have four of those units. I also read the Art Cleanbox Pro has a severe dropoff at 20hz.:(

Anything under $100. Any suggestions will also need to be a line level booster since the voltage from my Onkyo 1007's pre-outs are pathetic. Any suggestions?
    I came, I saw, I purchased.

I just bought a monoprice cable that did that, RCA out of receiver to balanced XLR in to Behringer equalizer, then another cable that reversed that into RCA of sub. Works fine, and cheap. Was well under $30.

Not sure what the third prong in a balanced connection is - guessing chassis to chassis grounding?

Comment

Originally posted by sbdman
      I just bought a monoprice cable that did that, RCA out of receiver to balanced XLR in to Behringer equalizer, then another cable that reversed that into RCA of sub. Works fine, and cheap. Was well under $30.

Not sure what the third prong in a balanced connection is - guessing chassis to chassis grounding?
      I also need it to boost the signal as well. Sorry I left that out of my original post. I just edited it. But thank you for your suggestion.:)

Comment

I have a Henry Engineering Matchbox HD that is almost brand new. I bought it for use with my Cherry Jr. amp that has only balanced inputs. However, I just bought a Steinberg MR816x as my audio device so now my system uses totally balanced connections. I would sell it for $100 shipped. It has a frequency response of DC to 20kHz, ±0.25 dB and from 6 dB to 26 dB of gain.

I also have a new in box Samson S-Convert. It was recently discontinued by Samson. I'll sell it for $50 shipped.

Comment

I really regret selling my Samson S-Convert units.:(

Comment

Rane makes one, pro gear though.
            Some play hard to get, I play hard to want.

Comment

Working...
            X