Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys see this.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did you guys see this.

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1342986. I hope Chase will/is sending some of there products to Ricci to close the mouths of some of the nay sayers.


    Regards: Menace

  • #2
    Craig has posted some time ago, that as soon as a production grade VS-18 is done, he will be sending that, and an SS18.1 to Ricci. It will be nice to finally see an apples to apples comparison, and should quite the sane naysayers! :applause:

    Wish I could include FPB in that polite section of society! :biglaugh:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sbdman
      Craig has posted some time ago, that as soon as a production grade VS-18 is done, he will be sending that, and an SS18.1 to Ricci. It will be nice to finally see an apples to apples comparison, and should quite the sane naysayers! :applause:

      Wish I could include FPB in that polite section of society! :biglaugh:
      Know what you mean:his:

      It's a shame how the tread turned into something else:boxer:


      Menace

      Comment


      • #4
        What people are missing in that thread is that DS-21 100% correct. He is following Geddes multi sub theory and getting great results. I've been outlining many of these points myself, but new ideas take awhile to catch on.

        I can't wait until I can afford an 18.2 to add to my 18.T Duos. Until then, I'm stuck with Devantier/Welti/pseudo Parham theory. :D

        Not trying to merely drop names here, just want to give a point of reference to those that want to do a Google search and follow up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tesseract
          What people are missing in that thread is that DS-21 100% correct. He is following Geddes multi sub theory and getting great results. I've been outlining many of these points myself, but new ideas take awhile to catch on.

          I can't wait until I can afford an 18.2 to add to my 18.T Duos. Until then, I'm stuck with Devantier/Welti/pseudo Parham theory. :D

          Not trying to merely drop names here, just want to give a point of reference to those that want to do a Google search and follow up.
          This is exactly what I'm going to do when my new 18.T arrives. :) Just need to figure out how to elevate one of the subs now.
          LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
          Subs: 4 x 18.2
          Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tesseract
            What people are missing in that thread is that DS-21 100% correct. He is following Geddes multi sub theory and getting great results. I've been outlining many of these points myself, but new ideas take awhile to catch on.

            I can't wait until I can afford an 18.2 to add to my 18.T Duos. Until then, I'm stuck with Devantier/Welti/pseudo Parham theory. :D

            Not trying to merely drop names here, just want to give a point of reference to those that want to do a Google search and follow up.

            His results might be great, but his tone is very condescending and the title of the post is Rythmik Audio FV15-HP Data-Bass test results. I think its the wrong thread for the discussion.


            But what do I know:D Menace

            Comment


            • #7
              Menace, you are 100% correct!

              However, that is AVS and that is how many threads end up, even those with the best of intentions.

              DS-21 made a few comments on the Rythmik and was reduced to having to defend his own (temporary) system. The whole thread then went straight into the crapper per unspoken AVS rule. :toilet:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dguarnaccia
                This is exactly what I'm going to do when my new 18.T arrives. :) Just need to figure out how to elevate one of the subs now.
                dguarnaccia - Elevating one sub isn't mandatory, it is just suggested. I'm sure you have seen this already, but I'd try it like this first.

                "Put one sub in a corner close to the mains. The second sub is a lot more flexible as to its location, but it should not be in a corner. Side wall or back wall, near the midpoint is a good idea. Put the third sub wherever you can that is not too close to the other two. It's a good idea to get one of them off of the floor."


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by menace2society
                  It's a shame how the tread turned into something else:boxer:
                  Menace, I don't know if you are familiar with CHT's good buddy, Mr. Chang, as for myself, I found this AVS post VERY amusing (read "hypocritical") coming from him.

                  Originally posted by cschang
                  So much hostility in this thread...
                  Wait until the Chase subs are reviewed by Ricci, you will see another side of this man.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tesseract
                    dguarnaccia - Elevating one sub isn't mandatory, it is just suggested. I'm sure you have seen this already, but I'd try it like this first.

                    "Put one sub in a corner close to the mains. The second sub is a lot more flexible as to its location, but it should not be in a corner. Side wall or back wall, near the midpoint is a good idea. Put the third sub wherever you can that is not too close to the other two. It's a good idea to get one of them off of the floor."


                    I'm going to play with a few configurations. One with the 18.2 in the front left corner, and the 2 18.Ts split between the 1/4 length on the right sidewall and center backwall as well as trying my back right corner with the 18.2 and doing the front center and 1/4 length sidewall with the 18.Ts. I have some limited flexibility given the 2 rows of seating go pretty wide. Shod be fun dialing UT in though. I'll start a new thread to detail my testing strategy and get more specific advice.
                    LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
                    Subs: 4 x 18.2
                    Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X