Electronics Curse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics Curse?

So, I posted a week or so ago that my PS3 died... I ended up replacing it with a Sony BDP-S370. The S370 deal was so good, that I got one for my family-room system as well to replace a DVD player and squeezebox.

Well, no sooner had I gotten the CAT5 cable hooked up then my HDMI extender stopped working. I just got a work-around for that strung together across the floor temporarily when my Denon AVR died.

Argh! Can't anything stay working for any period of time? I had bad luck with a refurb Denon universal player years ago. Now a refurb AVR went belly-up after 6 months. I bought an refurn Onkyo 1007 at the same time for my HT, which comes with a 1-year warranty vs. Denon's 90-day. Karma...

Originally posted by Kevin_Wadsworth
    So, I posted a week or so ago that my PS3 died... I ended up replacing it with a Sony BDP-S370. The S370 deal was so good, that I got one for my family-room system as well to replace a DVD player and squeezebox.

Well, no sooner had I gotten the CAT5 cable hooked up then my HDMI extender stopped working. I just got a work-around for that strung together across the floor temporarily when my Denon AVR died.

Argh! Can't anything stay working for any period of time? I had bad luck with a refurb Denon universal player years ago. Now a refurb AVR went belly-up after 6 months. I bought an refurn Onkyo 1007 at the same time for my HT, which comes with a 1-year warranty vs. Denon's 90-day. Karma...
    I'd try an exorcism:woo:...

Comment

Try checking your AC line voltage with a calibrated meter. If it is not 120VAC +/-5% that might be the issue. Sounds like more than chance occurences with that many dead pieces.

Just a thought.
      Better living through Audio Nirvana!

Comment

Good suggestion, HAL... except did I mention that my multimeter just stopped working too? (Right when I was trying to troubleshoot why my Dremmel tool bit the dust a couple weeks ago.) :doh! 1: I can borrow one from work, though.

The PS3 was, at leat, plugged into a UPS that regulated the voltage, so it shoudln't have been the problem there, but who knows.

I think maybe the exorcism is worth a try...

Comment

Quick question, why didn't we just get another PS3?
          -Greg

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

HO's Basement Take 2

Comment

Since I have a toddler, I haven't played a game on my PS3 in ~2 years and have just used it as a BD player and media streamer. ~$250 for a new PS3 vs. $68 for a dedicated player that would do everything as well or better (except games) was the deciding factor.

Comment

Working...
            X