X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding AV123's X series products.

Help me help Santiago. Read about a great deal here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php...5833#msg825833

Good stuff. If you offered them built out with a finish I think you may have a winner here.
    Time waits for no man.

Comment

Huh... almost tempted to buy some as spare parts!

Comment

Guess that solves my problem of finding parts for people eh????

Since Danny is sitting on it all, I can just direct people to him for the X stuff "thumbsup:
        Kevin
        Motor City Custom Audio
        Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
        Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

I had the idea once of using two of the X-center channel speakers as L-R main speakers in a 2-channel stereo. The reason is they don't have a port hole in the back and can be placed close to the rear walls. Our 125 yr. old farmhouse is big, but the rooms are small and I just can't set speakers out 2-3 ft. or so from the walls. They're going to have to be back close to the wall on each side of the tv and stereo.

I asked Mark once about using them as L-R main speakers and he said he had done so himself at his home and they worked great.

I would appreciate any further comments about possibly using these speakers as mains. I listen to classical music so I would want a pair of speakers that performed accurately, etc., for complex music.

Comment

You can use any sealed or front ported speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D
              I had the idea once of using two of the X-center channel speakers as L-R main speakers in a 2-channel stereo. The reason is they don't have a port hole in the back and can be placed close to the rear walls. Our 125 yr. old farmhouse is big, but the rooms are small and I just can't set speakers out 2-3 ft. or so from the walls. They're going to have to be back close to the wall on each side of the tv and stereo.

I asked Mark once about using them as L-R main speakers and he said he had done so himself at his home and they worked great.

I would appreciate any further comments about possibly using these speakers as mains. I listen to classical music so I would want a pair of speakers that performed accurately, etc., for complex music.
              I have a pair and they are very nice! While their bass doesn't go as low as a pair of x-ls', they're less boomy and I think a bit more accurate. I pulled my crossovers out and rebuilt them with Sonicaps with platinum bypasses. They like lots of power too. I can drive them ok with my little 2 watt Bottlehead Sex Amp but when I hooked them up to a friend's 200 watt acurus amp they really opened up!

I haven't hooked up a sub to them yet but I'm sure that would help.

Eventually I plan on building a class d amp off the grid to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog71
                I have a pair and they are very nice! While their bass doesn't go as low as a pair of x-ls', they're less boomy and I think a bit more accurate. I pulled my crossovers out and rebuilt them with Sonicaps with platinum bypasses. They like lots of power too. I can drive them ok with my little 2 watt Bottlehead Sex Amp but when I hooked them up to a friend's 200 watt acurus amp they really opened up!

I haven't hooked up a sub to them yet but I'm sure that would help.

Eventually I plan on building a class d amp off the grid to drive them.

Did you ever compare the Xs to the different Neos?

Comment

Originally posted by django1
                  Did you ever compare the Xs to the different Neos?
                  No, I haven't heard the GR Neo speakers but I've often read they are superior.

I almost forgot. I recorded a video with the x-cs' being powered by tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-lmFVA2l4

Comment

Originally posted by corndog71
                    No, I haven't heard the GR Neo speakers but I've often read they are superior.

I almost forgot. I recorded a video with the x-cs' being powered by tubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-lmFVA2l4
                    I have the Elt525m's and the Neo2x's......No comparison... The N2x's are in a different league. Detail is amazing and smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeypimp
                      I have the Elt525m's and the Neo2x's......No comparison... The N2x's are in a different league. Detail is amazing and smooth.
                      To be clear, the ELTs use a different tweeter than the x-series. But yeah, the NEO tweeters are pretty great from what i've read.

Comment

are these kits driver and crossover only, or do they come with unfinished cabs?

Comment

Originally posted by Pestilenceten
                          are these kits driver and crossover only, or do they come with unfinished cabs?
                          The neos are only drivers and crossover parts. You have to build them.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeypimp
                            Is it possible to put the Neo2x kit into the ELT525m cabinet? I feel like I would just be wasting the ELT drivers and x-overs like this though. :(

Comment

The only cabinet I know they have been put in is - x-sls. Though you still have to make the tweeter cut out bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X