X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvenardos
    replied
    Forgot to update this thread.
    The sonicaps sound great. I like both the sonicaps and the auricaps. The auricaps have some coloration, whereas the sonicaps just sound neutral. The sonicaps with bypass caps are also slightly cleaner. I am going to bypass the auricaps with Gen II bypass caps to see if the edge in cleanliness is because of the bypass caps.

Leave a comment:

• dvenardos
    replied
    Sorry tesseract, back from vacation and got the Two.2 in my main system and breaking in. Initial impression is that the sonicaps definitely don't suck. :D
    Originally posted by tesseract
    You should have sent it to me, I could be breaking in those caps for you while you are gone. :jiggy:

Leave a comment:

• tesseract
    replied
    You should have sent it to me, I could be breaking in those caps for you while you are gone. :jiggy:

Leave a comment:

• InfernoSTi
    replied
    Nice! I hope that gives you the sound you are looking for, but it looks like fun regardless!!! Have a great vacation...

Leave a comment:

• dvenardos
    started a topic Cap replacement in Virtue amp

Cap replacement in Virtue amp

A little teaser. I ordered standard caps in a Virtue Two.2 and replaced them with sonicap gen I with gen II bypass caps. Really cramped quarters in there, but didn't take to long. I had to insulate the sonicap leads because it is way to tight in there to leave them uninsulated. I will be comparing it to the classic Two with auricaps and then will add bypass caps to the classic Two to see what kind of a difference that makes. Going on vacation so don't expect anymore updates this week. :)

Working...
X