Cap replacement in Virtue amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap replacement in Virtue amp

A little teaser. I ordered standard caps in a Virtue Two.2 and replaced them with sonicap gen I with gen II bypass caps. Really cramped quarters in there, but didn't take to long. I had to insulate the sonicap leads because it is way to tight in there to leave them uninsulated. I will be comparing it to the classic Two with auricaps and then will add bypass caps to the classic Two to see what kind of a difference that makes. Going on vacation so don't expect anymore updates this week. :)

Nice! I hope that gives you the sound you are looking for, but it looks like fun regardless!!! Have a great vacation...
    Tweak City Audio WAF-1, Paradigm PS1000, Jolida FX-10 tube amp, Samsung Blu-ray, Beresford TC-7520 DAC, Apple Airport Express (living room)

Hawthorne Audio 101515 OB Trio DIY speakers, DIY Bottlehead Stereomour 2A3 amp, DIY 6CL6 SPUD amp, Rythmik 370 OB Plate Amps (in stereo), Beresford TC-7520 DAC, Macbook Pro/iTunes & Decibel FLAC player for Mac, Sony S370 Blu-ray (listening room)

Other stuff: Usher S-520, JohnBlue JB-3, MiniWatt, Glow Amp One, Nuforce Icon Mobile, Sennheiser HD595

Comment

You should have sent it to me, I could be breaking in those caps for you while you are gone. :jiggy:

Comment

Sorry tesseract, back from vacation and got the Two.2 in my main system and breaking in. Initial impression is that the sonicaps definitely don't suck. :D
        Originally posted by tesseract
        You should have sent it to me, I could be breaking in those caps for you while you are gone. :jiggy:

Comment

Forgot to update this thread.
          The sonicaps sound great. I like both the sonicaps and the auricaps. The auricaps have some coloration, whereas the sonicaps just sound neutral. The sonicaps with bypass caps are also slightly cleaner. I am going to bypass the auricaps with Gen II bypass caps to see if the edge in cleanliness is because of the bypass caps.

Comment

Working...
          X