X-19 Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-19 Specs

X-19 Amp - A 25 WPC (4 Ohm) amp with a 100 Hz crossover to a subwoofer out, Bass and Treble shelving controls, Mute, and an attractive overall look.

Just thought I'd bring some specs over. Craig... My only complaint with the BPA-1 is no remote. That is until I have heard yours. ;)

cant wait this will be perfect for my bedroom system with a pair od these. :assshake:

Comment

Here is a pic of the new Digital Amp ... As Buzz3 already stated, it delivers 25 WPC into 4 ohms, and has Bass, Treble, Mute and Standby switches on the front panel.

It also has a subwoofer out which crosses over @ 100 Hz.

Comment

Specs?

Any estimates on shipping weight? Dimensions?
        Bruce

Comment

Maybe the answer should be obvious, but is the crossover defeatable / auto switched, for use as a 2.0 system? Or does the frequency response falloff (like the original Sonic Impact T Amp) or ability to deliver power make that a bad idea?

Approx. dimensions would help at some point but you can eyeball it from this. While you're eyeballing checkout the other thing on the right side ...

Comment

Any chance that the adventurous of us can modify the crossover point by changing some values on a circuit board inside the amp? I like the idea that it had a crossover, but I'd like something lower.

Also, can the crossover be defeated (running the amp full range)?
            With a shovel...

Comment

The single input is very limiting. I may just use this amp in the guest room connected to a CD transport. I have a separate vintage Phillips tube stereo radio in there in case someone wants to listen to FM. Second thought, I recently disconnected the guest computer/monitor/HD tv from the Dish HD antenna. It just caused too many problems. I'm going to do a separate small HD tv in there with a DVD player, not a CD only, and that way they could play movies if they want to, or CD's and not risk messing up the computer. My wife and I don't have any movies. We're just not movie people but sometimes guests are, I suppose. They can go to the store and rent a movie. I did that once. I forget the movie. It was funny. I forget what it was about now.

Most guests use iPods. Shanling got a good review for their $999 music system, but I've been looking at several others less expensive -- the AudioEngine 5 has a built in amp and USB and it has received great reviews; also, the KingRex USB.

I collect vintage radios. I just bought an AM transmitter kit. Once I get it put together and "tuned" to an unused AM frequency we can hook it to out stereo and listen to our CD's or the FM tuner on any of the AM wonderful old radios in any room or out in the workshop or barn and get that great old tube radio musical sound.

I'd like to have an attractive "switch box" for the X-19. I think that's what I need. I found one (Google "Ampbox" and look around). If I had some schematics I could solder one together. I think that's what I need -- a box with a selector switch and RCA inputs for tuner, CD, a place to plug in a turntable phonoamp or headphone amp -- that outputs into the amp's single input.

Jolida sells a nice "Remote Control" platform. The amp plugs into the platform which is controlled by the RC. All it does is "on-off", but that sure beats getting out of bed.

However, I don't want to overlook the fact that this sounds like it is going to be a very nice first product and I don't want to distract from that. I'm sure many more good products will follow and I'm eager to read about them and perhaps have useful input as they are going through R&D.

Comment

Originally posted by django1
                I'm a total noob. Is there some technical reason this type of amp has only one input? 2 inputs would be so much better...
                I agree. 2 inputs would be wonderful. Just my thoughts. Either way this looks like it is goign to be a great amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Chase
                  Here is a pic of the new Digital Amp ... As Buzz3 already stated, it delivers 25 WPC into 4 ohms, and has Bass, Treble, Mute and Standby switches on the front panel.

It also has a subwoofer out which crosses over @ 100 Hz.

Looks great. I love this amp.

I may have missed this somewhere, but are you going to offer different finishes on the top of the amp?

Todd

Comment

Sweet looking ps.

engtaz
                    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Maybe on the front plate, another font would be more in keeping with the overall style. And all caps isn't so much, either.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz3
                        X-19 Amp - A 25 WPC (4 Ohm) amp with a 100 Hz crossover to a subwoofer out, Bass and Treble shelving controls, Mute, and an attractive overall look.

Just thought I'd bring some specs over. Craig... My only complaint with the BPA-1 is no remote. That is until I have heard yours. ;)
                        I saw this asked before but couldnt find the answer so here goes. I see that the low pass filter is 100hz, are the mains also high passed there or do they always run full range? Cheers.
                        My IB
                        http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.nock/IB

Comment

Snock - The mains will be high passed @ 100 Hz. We;come to the forum .. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Chase
                            Snock - The mains will be high passed @ 100 Hz. We;come to the forum .. :thumbsup:
                            Thanks for the info and the welcome. Let me know if you need a beta tester ever or a pro bono db analysis guy. :)
                            My IB
                            http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.nock/IB

Comment

Craig... Is it at all possible to make a run of these with remotes? I really think it will sell. I love my BPA-1 in the MB but I have to get up to set the volume or hope to catch the kids walking by. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X