REW V5 out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REW V5 out

Just wanted everyone to know REW V5 beta is out at hometheatershack. I hear it's stable, and loaded with many new features. So for you lucky dogs that won the Beta test subs, you may want to check this out, and upgrade - still free. My take is one of the best features is an improved algorithm for equalizer settings.
    This programmer has done an excellent job at producing a very professional product, and deserves kudos.

I was eyeballing that this weekend. I'm still using 4.11, and I really don't want to mess with all my calibration settings. Will have to check out to the new features list again and see if it's worth the upgrade.
    LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
    Subs: 4 x 18.2
    Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Originally posted by sbdman
      Just wanted everyone to know REW V5 beta is out at hometheatershack. I hear it's stable, and loaded with many new features. So for you lucky dogs that won the Beta test subs, you may want to check this out, and upgrade - still free. My take is one of the best features is an improved algorithm for equalizer settings.
      This programmer has done an excellent job at producing a very professional product, and deserves kudos.
      Cool.
      I never figured out REW with my setup.
      I calibrated with Audyssey Pro kit and it sounds great.
      It would be fun to play around with REW for learning.
      I look foward to seeing/hearing peoples impressions.

Mike

Links
      REW V5 Beta Released! (HT Shack thread) - link

The beta release of REW V5 is (finally!) available for download in the Shack downloads area.
      V5 adds a number of new features, including:
      • New user interface
      • Phase, Group Delay, Step Response and Spectrogram plots
      • Phase wrap/unwrap, IR minimum phase conversion, IR delay calculation and adjustment
      • Separate windows for overlays, RTA and EQ functions
      • New algorithms for EQ adjustment offering exceptional tracking of target responses
      • Predicted effects of EQ on the impulse response and waterfall can be viewed in the EQ panel and can update live as filter settings are adjusted
      • "Modal" filter setting for parametric EQ filters to aid in correcting modal decay

A summary of the new features can be found here
      HT Gear (AVS Link)
      Rk: MA WR-37-32
      Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
      Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
      Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
      Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
      BR: Oppo BDP-103
      Gm: 360 Pro
      LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
      S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
      Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
      Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
      Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
      TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

Hrm... wonder how it compares to my SVS EQ1.

Comment

I've been eyeing the v5 upgrade also, but it's wanted to wait for it to be out of beta before I make the move. I've got a complete calibration kit with software, ecm8000, mobile pre usb soundcard, cables galore, etc. that I loan out to folks around town.. so I don't want a beta bug to be out there.. I'm anciously awaiting the final v5 release, however!

cheers,
          ..dane
          (The first to sport a signature on TCAforum..)
          "Be kind, for everyone you meet is carrying a great burden." - Philo of Alexandria
          "Love God and be nice to people." - Brooks Everett of CBC
          d&k's webpage

Comment

Working...
          X