Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a Bigfoot mount?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out what device or mount would work best to hang my bigfoot. I have a tile celing, and above them are the joists. I'll have to hang the bigfoot above the screen and tilt it down towards the first and second row of seats which are approximately 9 and 13 feet, respectively, from the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all

Originally posted by Jerrin
    Hi all,

I'm trying to find out what device or mount would work best to hang my bigfoot. I have a tile celing, and above them are the joists. I'll have to hang the bigfoot above the screen and tilt it down towards the first and second row of seats which are approximately 9 and 13 feet, respectively, from the screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all
    I can't help much, but I can tell you that a bigfoot seems to sound better just below ear level angled up, rather than above angled down. I think it's because it's closer in height to the floorstanding fronts, if you got rockets. It's the biggest regret that I have next to buying an AVR instead of a pre-amp/amp setup.

Comment

Bigfoot stands

Below screen stand info here:
      http://tweakcityaudio.com/forum/show...t+stand&page=3
      Attached Files
      HT Gear (AVS Link)
      Rk: MA WR-37-32
      Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
      Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
      Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
      Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
      BR: Oppo BDP-103
      Gm: 360 Pro
      LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
      S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
      Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
      Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
      Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
      TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_TX

Thanks for the info guys. Mike, I appreciate all that info you collected.

I would love to put the bigfoot under the screen, but I don't have any room. I have an IB that takes up approximately 24 inches from the floor and then the bottom of my screen starts from there.

I only have about 13 inches above the screen (before the ceiling tile) and none at the bottom. I probably should have shrunk the screen a little, but you know how that goes....

Comment

Just to add my two cents... my bigfoot sounded lame and small under my screen.. the bottom of my screen is 18" from the floor putting the bigfoot very low. Everytime I'd recline it would get worse..and forget trying to hear anything in the back row if you have two or more rows.

I mounted it above the screen by inverting two 70lb rated shelf brackets and mounting a 14"x25" peice of ply onto the bottom of the brackets, wrapped it in felt and it dissapears into the black wall it's mounted to.

The sound once mounting it above was night and day better, it filled the room with great sound.

Comment

Working...
          X