Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini's and X-Voce NOT FOR SALE, discussion only

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mini's and X-Voce NOT FOR SALE, discussion only

    Everybody knows these speakers and most everyone knows me. I keep very good care of my stuff and have all the original packaging/speaker cloths/manuals/etc. I can ship with VERY good rates via LTL as I work for a distribution company and we get amazing deals on freight. The Mini's will be palletized and shrink wrapped on the pallet and if you purchase the X-Voce with the Mini's (PHENOMENAL combo BTW) I'll put the X-Voce on the pallet as well and have it all shrink wrapped so please don't worry about them being safe in transit.

    Here are the basics:
    Mini's: $1100 plus 3% PP plus shipping
    X-Voce: $325 plus 3% PP plus shipping

    NOW OPEN TO TRADES! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TRADE ME??


    Both in excellent condition and both A-Stock. There is a small (less than 1/4" long) mark on the outside of one of the Mini's (see picture below). That is the only defect at all. Visually they are stunning and acoustically they are 100%. I also have an extra 8" planar midrange and an extra tweet as well.

    Here are a couple pics:















    The mark is on the left (outside) of my left speaker. As these speakers can be either left or right it could be used as the right speaker as the mark would face inward and possibly blocked. You can't see it from more than a couple feet away as it's less than 1/4" long. It isn't visible from straight on at all.

    Thanks!

    Scott

  • #2
    I see the Ninja in skeeter's future. :eyebrows:

    Comment


    • #3
      I decided to sell these again. I'm thinking of going to a single driver setup with the new Zu Omen. This is a fantastic setup and I've loved it the last 3 or 4 years but now its time to try something new :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Great HT setup and someone will be very happy buying these speakers.

        Those Zu Omen's are interesting, with cool color options. Be sure to let us know how they sound after they ship Nov 1.

        GLWS.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am interested in your thoughts on these as well. Funny, I was just checking these out yesterday with their intro pricing.... "thumbsup:

          Comment


          • #6
            I've been talking with Sean with Zu the last couple days, very nice guy! I'm looking at the red ones.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by skeeter99
              I've been talking with Sean with Zu the last couple days, very nice guy! I'm looking at the red ones.
              Skeeter, do you know if the red (ginger) is like the av123 rosewood red or is it redder? Can't really tell from the pics on their site. Just curious.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ecod123
                Skeeter, do you know if the red (ginger) is like the av123 rosewood red or is it redder? Can't really tell from the pics on their site. Just curious.
                Sean is calling the Red Sangria, kinda interesting. He just sent me this pic a few minutes ago, said its pretty overexposed though. I think it looks cool!
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Still think that you should Ninja mod the Mini's. There's a very good reason why you don't see them on the used market. Add some Platinums as bypasses and some Mortite as a quasi-gasket, then you'll never want to get rid of your Mini's.
                  So say we all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by emac
                    Still think that you should Ninja mod the Mini's. There's a very good reason why you don't see them on the used market. Add some Platinums as bypasses and some Mortite as a quasi-gasket, then you'll never want to get rid of your Mini's.
                    Its an option but I think I just want to go a completely different way than what I've had before which is why the Zu's really interest me.

                    Still available!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Have you actually heard the ZU's ????:whistle:
                      Kevin
                      Motor City Custom Audio
                      Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
                      Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sandbagger
                        Have you actually heard the ZU's ????:whistle:
                        Nope, just read about them and reviews/etc. If I dont' like them I've got 60-days to return them. Have you?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I read up some on the Zu's and a lot of people really like their sound, but they're not supposed to be the most detailed 'hi-fi' sounding speaker around. They're a dynamic/fun speaker it seems. If resolution/detail is what you're looking for, I'd go another route...if dynamics, human vocals, and imaging are big for you...then you could be quite happy with the Zu Omens. This is just going on some research I've done over the last half hour or so:whistle:

                          I've wanted to get into fullrange SD speakers, but haven't found the right one for me yet. At $1,000 for into pricing, those speakers seem worth a gamble.
                          "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

                          -Bill Watterson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cujobob
                            I read up some on the Zu's and a lot of people really like their sound, but they're not supposed to be the most detailed 'hi-fi' sounding speaker around. They're a dynamic/fun speaker it seems. If resolution/detail is what you're looking for, I'd go another route...if dynamics, human vocals, and imaging are big for you...then you could be quite happy with the Zu Omens. This is just going on some research I've done over the last half hour or so:whistle:

                            I've wanted to get into fullrange SD speakers, but haven't found the right one for me yet. At $1,000 for into pricing, those speakers seem worth a gamble.
                            That's kind of what I've found as well. The things that you described are things that are drawing me to the speakers. The Mini's are VERY smooth, very open and neutral and engaging. I really like them. I just want to try something different and, like you said, for $1k trying something completely out of my norm seems like a good gamble.

                            Now back to the sale, who wants to buy my speaks?? "thumbsup:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Over 700 views and no offers? Am I too high or ... I'm well below the other two sets for sale on Audiogon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X