Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

av123 RSC500 "Mega Foot" Center Channel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • av123 RSC500 "Mega Foot" Center Channel

    I wandered over to the av123 forum to check on a Jack Daniels thread and wandered onto this thread:

    Rsc-500
    http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=41535


    I remember wondering if I should wait on my RSC200Signature CC purchase for the RSC-500.
    Glad I didn't.
    I was lurking since at least 2005 at av123 (registered) and purchased around 2007.

    Some quotes:
    MLS:
    4/23/07 - "There are TWO reasons I'm going to China in mid May...One is ---- well --- REF 200
    the other is this lovely Red Head...
    j/k
    RSC500..." Link

    9/7/09 - "The RSC500 is something near and dear to me... Now that we have the new amp for the MFW-15 moving nicely - we will use a slight variant (amp wise) from the new Twin 8 sub (not named yet - we're just calling it that)... This will give us plenty of punch for the dual 8's in the design..."

    1/19/10 - "Well - here comes trouble...

    I have been working on the final design of this product now that we have the amp working perfectly...

    The original design called for the same woofer we have used in other designs - the new 8's we have for the Twin 8 sub (Rocket Sub-Stantial 8 as it will be called) really rock - I mean it is SOMETHING... I want to adapt this driver for this design...

    The only thing I can say about the price is this... if you look at the RS1K - divide it in half - add a new amp that is a REAL 500 watts and two of these Very Bad Boy 8's to the price you've halved - you will probably be close...

    It's going to be The Best Rocket speaker we have ever made..."

    1/20/10 - "I will post updates next month on the 1st sample... more than that I simply cannot comment on at this time."


    I'll try to dig up some old links later.

    Mike


    Rendering:
    HT Gear (AVS Link)
    Rk: MA WR-37-32
    Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
    Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
    Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
    Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
    BR: Oppo BDP-103
    Gm: 360 Pro
    LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
    S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
    Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
    Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
    TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

  • #2
    av123 RSC-500 "Megafoot" Center Channel

    Links:
    RSC-500 wetpaint site (circa 2007) - link
    The RSC500 looks...overwhelming? thread (7-31-08) - link
    MEGA Weekend Update - REF200 / RSC500 / All new x-series defined for your pleasure thread (12/15/06) - link
    --- RSC500 tentative specs - link
    HT Gear (AVS Link)
    Rk: MA WR-37-32
    Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
    Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
    Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
    Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
    BR: Oppo BDP-103
    Gm: 360 Pro
    LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
    S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
    Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
    Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
    TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

    Comment


    • #3
      Any bets on how long before preorder's and maybe "lucky" beta testers will be anounced?:kissass:

      Comment


      • #4
        If it ever sees the light of day, and works as advertised, I'd certainly be interested in it. That is unless Craig corrupts me and I ditch my rockets for a set of pro-10's :yes: :yes: :yes:
        LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
        Subs: 4 x 18.2
        Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

        Comment


        • #5
          No thanks... I'll pass... Regardless of if / when it ships, or how good it is, I will not do business with AV123 in the future. I will not recommend them. I will not suggest them. I am through with AV123. I can not support a company run in the fashion that AV123 is by the sort of people leading AV123. Sorry...
          With a shovel...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SlushPuppy
            Besides that, who wants a center channel with one, possibly two of their faulty amps inside of it? Um, no thanks.
            Yeah, I forgot about the rule against buying products from AV123 that have a power cord. :crazy:
            With a shovel...

            Comment


            • #7
              This product was nearly ready in 2004/2005. Besides, given the frequency content of most centerchannel tracks, this thing is solution with no problem to solve. I could think of better more cost effective ways to upgrade a Bigfoot that might actually address it's shortcomings in real world us, such as a Seaton Spark or maybe a MUCH cheaper TCA Pro-10.

              Comment


              • #8
                This will be my new center channel, just got my flatpack. Should be done by the 2011. :D
                http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=151

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dvenardos
                  This will be my new center channel, just got my flatpack. Should be done by the 2011. :D
                  http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=151
                  I'll race you to the finish! I'm waiting for tax season to pass and once I see what our benevolent leaders leave me in the way of cash I'll be ordering these. I"m figuring early summer...:rock:

                  You"re getting just one and using it as a center?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by m-fine
                    This product was nearly ready in 2004/2005. Besides, given the frequency content of most centerchannel tracks, this thing is solution with no problem to solve. I could think of better more cost effective ways to upgrade a Bigfoot that might actually address it's shortcomings in real world us, such as a Seaton Spark or maybe a MUCH cheaper TCA Pro-10.
                    I know most speakers are not perfect. But I'm just curious what the short commings of the Bigfoot are.
                    Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WHo did you get the flatpacks from for the N3? Just curious. Frankly this sounds a lot like the mythical Strata center channel. And we all know where that went...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lonewolf
                        I know most speakers are not perfect. But I'm just curious what the short commings of the Bigfoot are.
                        Thanks
                        The RSC200 is pretty darn good actually. It's mostly flat from 44hz-20khz which is plenty low enough for a center channel. It has a good crossover design too. If there's a shortcoming, it's that better drivers and components can be had. Obviously they're going to want to keep the drivers though, since it's part of an existing line. IMHO, a Ninja Master upgrade is money better spent than a bigger version for most people.

                        The only reason I can see for adding more drivers would be for very large HT's that need a lot more volume, and they certainly could have done a horizontal RS850 for that purpose a long time ago. Some receivers will let you set the center channel independently to large I suppose, but even then the powered woofers are completely extraneous for center channel material.
                        Angel City Audio
                        East Street Audio

                        ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce, KR Audio

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by django1
                          You"re getting just one and using it as a center?
                          Yes, I am pairing it up with my Strata Minis; never been super happy with the ref 100 and Danny recommended them. After hearing the Neo 2x I think it will make a killer center channel. I am sure I will finish out the set with three towers, but budget and all...
                          Originally posted by madpoet
                          WHo did you get the flatpacks from for the N3? Just curious.
                          I got them from Chris Swiger, he seemed like a good guy and his prices were so low I couldn't resist giving him a try. He really wasn't quite ready for taking orders and I was wondering what I got myself into but I did get them and everything is marked and cut nicely.
                          http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=73310.0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            RSC200 Ninja Elite/Master upgrades

                            Originally posted by woofersus
                            The RSC200 is pretty darn good actually. It's mostly flat from 44hz-20khz which is plenty low enough for a center channel. It has a good crossover design too. If there's a shortcoming, it's that better drivers and components can be had. Obviously they're going to want to keep the drivers though, since it's part of an existing line. IMHO, a Ninja Master upgrade is money better spent than a bigger version for most people.

                            The only reason I can see for adding more drivers would be for very large HT's that need a lot more volume, and they certainly could have done a horizontal RS850 for that purpose a long time ago. Some receivers will let you set the center channel independently to large I suppose, but even then the powered woofers are completely extraneous for center channel material.
                            Thanks for the reminder of Ninja mods...

                            Link

                            Elite - $119 (for RSC200Signature)
                            Master - $322 (for RSC200 non-Signature & Signature)
                            Master QXX- $??? - The Ninja Master taken outside... Ninja Master QXX takes our exceptional Master level networks and goes quasi-external. Mounted via a floating ball bearing system on a flat surface on the speaker itself, QXX gives you a lot of the benefits of Ninja Noble without external enclosures on your floor or rack.
                            This removes a significant amount of microphonics from the capacitors resulting in far greater resolving capabilities and clarity.
                            Noble - $??? - an upgrade from the QXX) - link

                            RSC200 Cabinet upgrade - $53.10

                            Any links to a Sig to Elite or Sig to Master upgrade comparisons?
                            (or Ninja Noble ???)
                            I see some Non-sig to Master notes...


                            Mike
                            HT Gear (AVS Link)
                            Rk: MA WR-37-32
                            Pwr: 20A, Surge-X SEQ, M1500-UPS
                            Proj: JVC RS20, 128" 2.4:1 CaradaBW, ISCOIIIL, CineSlide, RadianceXE
                            Cbl: DirectTV C31/700 Genie receiver
                            Rec: 5308CI + XPA-3
                            BR: Oppo BDP-103
                            Gm: 360 Pro
                            LR/C: RS1KSig/RSC200Sig
                            S/R: RSS300/RS250MkII
                            Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra/2
                            Off: HRT MS DAC, USP-1, UPA-2, ERC-1, Ultra10, WAF-1 Ninja+No-Rez
                            Off2: Gizmo, WAF-1
                            TCA: 3x Gizmo 1.0or,5x v1.0M; 5xWAF-1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ah, seeing this thread was like a blast fomr the audio past. Currently, I agree with Seth's sentiments.

                              Wasn't this announced at about the same time as the mythical Ref 200 center? I think this is about the 3-year mark form the HEMI GTG where they had mules of the Ref 200 and the infamous BMF.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X