New Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gear

Well I finally took the plunge and retired my old Mits RPTV.
    Just finished setting up ( still need to fix the rats nest of wires :) )

Custom Console (room for Bigfoot)
    Panasonic - TC54V10 Plasma
    OPPO BDP-83

So far results are stunning, waiting for the last item an HDMI compatible Pre-Pro ( thinking of EMO XMC-1, when its ever released ).

Only one issue, I have a Sony DVD changer 995V, and its supposed to upscale over HDMI, but even after a firmware upgrade all I get is a colorful pixelated screen with no discernable movie image, not a huge issue in any case.
    When the den is cleaned up I'll post pictures

Too cool!! :crowd:
    Randy
    Wilson Sophia 2/BAT VK-600SE/BAT VK-52SE/BAT VK-5DSE/Fathom 113 x2/Emotiva DMC-1 and MPS-1/Oppo BDP-83 SE/Exact Power/SMS-1 bass equalizer

Comment

Originally posted by paulfess
      Well I finally took the plunge and retired my old Mits RPTV.
      Just finished setting up ( still need to fix the rats nest of wires :) )

Custom Console (room for Bigfoot)
      Panasonic - TC54V10 Plasma
      OPPO BDP-83

So far results are stunning, waiting for the last item an HDMI compatible Pre-Pro ( thinking of EMO XMC-1, when its ever released ).

Only one issue, I have a Sony DVD changer 995V, and its supposed to upscale over HDMI, but even after a firmware upgrade all I get is a colorful pixelated screen with no discernable movie image, not a huge issue in any case.
      When the den is cleaned up I'll post pictures
      Nice! I was at Emofest this weekend and the UMC-1 was pretty impressive. Good picture and the sound was great. I can imagine the XMC will be pretty awesome. I talked to Lonnie and he told me that they were using a lot of impressive hardware in the XMC; so much that they might not come out with a higher end pre/pro.

On a totally unrelated note, emotiva's new 7 channel HT amp is pretty monsterous!

Comment

Not quite done but here's a picture
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks great....I have the same situation where my Right front speaker is partially blocked by my couch...wish I had a way around it.

Comment

I like your tv stand, where did you get that stand from & what brand is it?

Comment

Make sure you calibrate sharpness, contrast, brightness, and grayscale. :) The grayscale calibration is going to have the biggest impact on picture fidelity, while contrast and brightness are there to ensure you can see the full range of whites and blacks.

I use a colorimeter, Color HCFR software, a laptop, and DVE Blu-ray to calibrate.

Unfortunately my Panasonic TC-P50S1 doesn't have an advanced color management system so I couldn't calibrate the color primaries. (Or I was adjusting the wrong values.) The green primary is too high, but that seems to vary by unit. I also switched both video modes to '2' so there would be no overscan.

Here's the tutorial: GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES.
              Wes Miaw, Neko Audio LLC
              www.NekoAudio.com

Comment

Working...
              X