Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AV123 Reference 3 - All new network upgrade

ONIX Reference 3 Ninja Master with Sonicap Platinum Upgrade

This all new network was developed by Danny Richie. All layout design and final product execution by Skiing Ninja.

The Sound...

The difference between the two speakers is striking. There are three strong peaks in the stock response giving the speaker a very forward presentation. Those peaks are not present in the Ninja network resulting in a far more balanced and smooth presentation. There are many songs you can listen to that exhibit the peaking quite obviously. Listen for the vocal and when another instrument comes in, the relative volume is much different (recessed) than the rest of the sounds.

Due to the forward presentation, the stock Reference 3 can sound harsh when pushed hard. With the Ninja Reference 3, you can turn them up considerably louder than before without harshness or fatigue.

The Ninja Reference 3's presentation exhibits much more air and instrument separation. With the stock network, the super tweeter and Vifa tweeter cancel each other out at various frequencies. With the Ninja network, this issue is resolved. Vocals are clear and well defined without any chestiness. The sometimes thick presentation of the stock Reference 3 has been replaced with very well defined and controlled bass. Mid-range resolution is greatly enhanced.

On final techy related item... off-axis response. The new network improves performance significantly in this area - to the tune of fixing 10dB suck outs (nulls).

With the tech stuff out of the way, lets talk about the most important aspect - are they fun to listen to? Oh Yes...

I really love the new Reference 3. Very smooth and effortless. These are speakers I could sit and listen to for hours.

I can understand some preferring the forward or 'in your face' presentation of the Reference 3 in stock form. If that is your style and currently love your speakers - don't change them.

We just want the best sound FOR YOU :D

Here are some photos of the new network as well as stock. A full suite of measurements will be posted to the Reference 3 section once this upgrade is released to the public (next week for sure).

Head Gouda, Skiing Ninja Systems
    Co-Owner DaisySprite Productions

Ninja San,

Shouldn't it read ONIX Reference 3? ;) :)
    Hugh
    MELODY US Distributor
    www.angelcityaudio.com

A man is only as good as his words.

Comment

:goodpost:

Comment

Yes it should... editing...

My bad!

Originally posted by Hugh
        Ninja San,

Shouldn't it read ONIX Reference 3? ;) :)

Comment

:rock::rock::rock:

Gotta have some!
          Angel City Audio
          East Street Audio

ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce, KR Audio

Comment

Nice....this should make a lot of people happy.

The Ref 2 upgrade still happening?
            "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

-Bill Watterson

Comment

Mr. Pu would call the Ref 3's Powerfull while pushing his fist forward...to me this was the reason that I ended up parting with my Ref 3's...they were too forward and grating on my ears. If only Danny would have designed a crossover 3 years ago I would probably still have them. :(

Good luck with the upgrades Sean...I know if I still had them this would be a no brainer for me! :cool:
              He who stand on toliet get high on pot!:stirthepot:

Comment

Too cool. I want a pair of Ninja Ref 3's in Piano Black. :rock:
                Randy
                Wilson Sophia 2/BAT VK-600SE/BAT VK-52SE/BAT VK-5DSE/Fathom 113 x2/Emotiva DMC-1 and MPS-1/Oppo BDP-83 SE/Exact Power/SMS-1 bass equalizer

Comment

Maybe I missed it but what is the $$?

Comment

Yes. The Ref 2 and Ref 100 are moving nicely. I expect to have the first speakers finished this coming week! Please note this does not mean we are launching next week; just that things are nearly complete.

:D

Originally posted by Cujobob
                    Nice....this should make a lot of people happy.

The Ref 2 upgrade still happening?

Comment

I can get anything in the Reference line however what is in stock now are satin rosewood and piano bird's eye maple. I can install before delivery to you as well...

:yes:

Originally posted by chessman
                      Too cool. I want a pair of Ninja Ref 3's in Piano Black. :rock:

Comment

The Reference 3 Ninja Master starts at $547. You can get that down to $482 if you assemble it yourself.

[edit: all prices are for a pair]

This is a true 4-way speaker and uses some large values so that is why the price is higher than some of our other upgrades.

Thanks,

Sean

Originally posted by SomeCiscoGuy
                        Maybe I missed it but what is the $$?

Comment

Ninja San,

You need to emphasize it's for a pair. :)
                          Originally posted by The Ninja
                          The Reference 3 Ninja Master starts at $547. You can get that down to $482 if you assemble it yourself.

This is a true 4-way speaker and uses some large values so that is why the price is higher than some of our other upgrades.

Thanks,

Sean
                          Hugh
                          MELODY US Distributor
                          www.angelcityaudio.com

A man is only as good as his words.

Comment

Yes, the prices above are for a pair :yes:

Originally posted by Hugh
                            Ninja San,

You need to emphasize it's for a pair. :)

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninja
                              I can get anything in the Reference line however what is in stock now are satin rosewood and piano bird's eye maple. I can install before delivery to you as well...

:yes:
                              And rest assured if any of you in other Onix dealers' territories want ninja master upgrades installed in a shiny new pair of ref 3's we'll work something out. Ninja class is the only way to fly...
                              Angel City Audio
                              East Street Audio

ACA, Melody, Onix, NuForce, KR Audio

Comment

Working...
                              X