Jolida FX10 listening and sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jolida FX10 listening and sighting

Just wanted to post my initial impressions of Jolidas new offering the FX10 integrated.

It is a very stylish and capable unit. The tube were composed of (2) 12ax7 and (4) el84's. The unit was being connected to a MAC cd/sacd and was driving a pair of PSB Synchrony One towers extremely well.

The sound was full and very tight in the room it was setup. It appeared to have 2-3 inputs (rca) with a 1/8" input for your MP3 player. The dealer mentioned that the unit also included a special cable for connecting your ipod and a remote as well.

The visual appeal of the unit is very high as well as it encloses the tubes and transformers in a nice thick slotted tempered glass case. The last feature which may not be appealing to all is the option of different color frames and the pimped out colored LEDs used to enhance its appearance.

Overall very nice. But the killer was: $$450.00 + tax.

First picture is the marketing pic. Second pic was the best I could do in the lighting of the room where I was listening. It gives a better idea of the LED illumination.

I want one!

Don't know where I'll put it,:scratchchin:
    but I want one!:yes:

Comment

That is a very stylish unit. Pimped or not. How many watts? How large a room did you listen in? would it fill up a small 12 x 12 office?

Comment

It's only 10 watts times 2. Should be perfect for a small bedroom or office as long as you're not trying to shake the walls. Of course the more efficient your speakers are the more volume you'll get for those 10 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeseboy
          That is a very stylish unit. Pimped or not. How many watts? How large a room did you listen in? would it fill up a small 12 x 12 office?
          The room I heard the unit in was about 10x13 maybe larger and treated with (4) 2" panels behind the speakers and gear. Also the rooms (4) corners were treated with the echo busters corner busters only in the ceiling. I believe the room was carpeted with the industrial grade stuff.

I was only able to get the volume know to about the 11 o'clock range before I worried about bothering the other customers. Really filled the room with solid sound. I was initially worried that I may have it too loud but the sales staff kept walking in to check it out as well.

Comment

Working...
          X