Mark Seaton - Best Wishes to You with Seaton Sound Labs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Seaton - Best Wishes to You with Seaton Sound Labs

Greetings all ... I have decided that I am no longer going to pursue a business relationship with Mark Seaton. I am a big believer in full disclosure, so here it is ...

Mark is a very talented designer, and I like him. I like him enough that I offered to partner with him with an eye towards taking Seaton Sound Labs and TCA and making them one company. Mark likes his freedom. He never actually answered in a yes or no, but his non answer was a clear no.

Since April, 2008, I have waited, prodded and hoped for the completion of what was supposed to be our 10 inch subwoofer for under $200.

The price point was not the fault of Mark. This was the fault of the information Mark was given.

As we moved into 2009, Mark and I revisited getting this subwoofer project moving. We have gotten very close, with Mark's assurances that the new driver and an amp from a new supplier were both going to be excellent.

It is now pretty clear that Mark is doing well enough with Seaton Sound Labs that his doing OEM work for places like Tweak City is not a part of his plans.

I have taken steps in ordering drivers and amps built to my specs, with an eye towards a line of subwoofers and also full range speakers which will, starting with WAF-1, make for the utmost in value.

Our initial subwoofers will center around 10 and 18 inch drivers, and the designs are going to make people happy. The budget sub I have in mind is going to be built with the concept of making one love what it does in one's system, and not what it does in the bench racing outdoor tests.

Mark, Thanks for the efforts you have made. I wish you well at Seaton Sound Labs.

To the members here, this is another step towards making TCA meet the mission statement from 17 months ago.

:huge:

First post I win..

Very interesting announcement, either way, I cannot wait to see the product!
    FYI - I really dig companies that not only have a mission statement, but also strive to accomplish them!

Comment

Sad to hear, but you have to do what you can to keep moving forward. Good luck with the upcoming subs.

I thought I'd post a link to my favorite Craigsub/Seaton moment.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...71fc44ef082196

Jim C

Comment

The first thing that came to mind when I read this was x-plosive. Ah well... I'm sure that a fine product will come to fruition.

Comment

Great way to open the door for future opportunities with him.

Graciously done!

Can't wait to see what you have coming down the pike.:boxer:

Comment

so, back to square one or did this horse ever leave the gate??

Comment

Closer than we were before.

Craig is ordering the parts and not waiting on Seaton's participation.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyma357
                Sad to hear, but you have to do what you can to keep moving forward. Good luck with the upcoming subs.

Jim C
                Now that's funny. :clapper:
                There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Good words, Craig, and thanks and best wishes to Mark as well.

Best intentions are good, but if something takes the time away from your design (especially a good thing, like the success of his business), then cutting and continuing to run is the best way to approach it.

Still looking forward to the products to come!
                  What if the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about?!

Kinky Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by nhpm510
                    Closer than we were before.

Craig is ordering the parts and not waiting on Seaton's participation.
                    :rock:
                    i shall start saving my pennies then.

Comment

Jim C
                      For a minute ther I thought this was some long lost Tarantino footage.:applause:

Comment

Errrr....

so is this still gonna be the SS-10 we've been talking about?? :poke:

Comment

Sorry to hear things did not work. Best of Luck to you both. Craige, very eloquently said.
                          engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comment

Looking over many of the DIY forums it is quite clear subs are the most popular thing to make as they are the simplest to make. Granted there is a lot of thought which must go into building a sub but it is something most people can handle. It may take time and patients to figure it all out and a few trial and error runs but it isn't rocket science. I am sure Craig can make an excellent sub, or two.

Comment

Jim C
                              We had some fun w/ that thread!!:biglaugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X