Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHT is back in business selling ID

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NHT is back in business selling ID

    Greetings,

    I don't recall seeing this mentioned here, but I recently discovered NHT will be dealershipless and will go ID.

    http://nhthifi.com/current/nht-2point0.html

    This will definitely give other ID companies pause for now they will have a significant opponent.

    Lou

  • #2
    :cool: I hadn't heard about that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the whole thing was a maneuver to separate themselves from that clown/dealer on avsforum. His attitude had to cost them sales.
      As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

      Comment


      • #4
        You must mean alimental (aka J. Ashman). He was over the top about NHT. I doubt he's the primary reason for their 'reorganization' though I'm glad they are back. They probably decided the ID business model made more sense. I've owned several of their models over time and still have a pair of their SuperAudio series.

        Comment


        • #5
          The Classic Twelve looks like a good deal for a SW at $599. I'm looking to upgrade my several-year-old UFW-10 and am starting to look at options.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oldgoalie
            You must mean alimental (aka J. Ashman). He was over the top about NHT. I doubt he's the primary reason for their 'reorganization' though I'm glad they are back. They probably decided the ID business model made more sense. I've owned several of their models over time and still have a pair of their SuperAudio series.
            That's him, though my comment about him being the reason for their reorg was a joke...
            As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

            Comment


            • #7
              their classic series is the same price as it was about a year ago. NHT bumped up the retail prices by like 20-30% on those..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by droht
                That's him, though my comment about him being the reason for their reorg was a joke...
                I thought it might be, though John is not revered for his opinions about NHT nor NAD over there. I've noticed some of his postings I've seen lately (and I admit I don't follow those threads much anymore) are less confrontational.

                I actually bought some NHT's from him when I couldn't locate a b&m dealer in my area. He was good to deal with, very pleasant on the phone and very accommodating....probably not what some would expect from his style of posting over there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by oldgoalie
                  I thought it might be, though John is not revered for his opinions about NHT nor NAD over there. I've noticed some of his postings I've seen lately (and I admit I don't follow those threads much anymore) are less confrontational.....probably not what some would expect from his style of posting over there.
                  Yes, it was his "confrontational style" that offended me, not his "opinions." I'm heartened to hear he's opted to be a positive influence rather than a negative one.
                  Jack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    NHT speakers are on the list of speakers I owned and enjoyed .
                    A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It looks like all relatively low end stuff. Didn't they used to have very nice high end products?
                      With a shovel...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Their 'high end' speaker was the xd...didn't see any there when I looked. They also had a preamp/processor (NHT Controller) and a 5 channel (Power5)and 2 channel power amp (Power 2 maybe?..don't remember). I think those were developed from Vinci Labs, who 'last' owned them, so maybe those didn't translate into this incarnation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oldgoalie
                          Their 'high end' speaker was the xd...didn't see any there when I looked. They also had a preamp/processor (NHT Controller) and a 5 channel (Power5)and 2 channel power amp (Power 2 maybe?..don't remember). I think those were developed from Vinci Labs, who 'last' owned them, so maybe those didn't translate into this incarnation.
                          Yah... they seemed to have 86'd the XDs which were intriguing speakers to me. However, their current lineup seems to look quite promising. I'll keep an eye on them for sure. :thumbsup:
                          Time waits for no man.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Had a set of NHT 3.3 speakers a while back. They had good imaging. Owned some of their original small bookshelves, which were a good bang for your buck "back in the day".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wish they'd bring back the M5 and M6. Always wanted to try a set of those.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X