Onkyo 805 in Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onkyo 805 in Alabama

Anyone in Alabama been able to sucessfully update the DSP's in the 805?

I want to update mine to avoid the DTS MSTR bomb, but my players will not cooperate. Anyone nearby done so sucessfully?

Thanks,

Jerrin

Originally posted by wje
    Have you tried a serial cable connected between your receiver and computer? That's how I updated the firmware on my 805 -- never any issues.
    No I have not. I tried to burn a disc and play it in both my dvd players over the optical cable. No dice, though I did manage to wipe all my settings. So I had to run the calibration again.

Could you go into some detail about exactly how you did it and what you needed to do so?

Comment

After trying the optical outputs of two players I had lying around the house and failing with both, I ended up buying an old 20.00 CD player at Goodwill that worked fine. No idea why one player works and another doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by wje
        There were a few threads over at the AVSForum that were very informative on how to update receiver. I bought a serial cable and basically ran through the firmware updates that I had downloaded. It's been several months since I did it, but once everything was connected, it was very simple to accomplish.

Were you able to update your DSP's using the serial cable as well? I had heard that such a thing might be possible with the firmware updates, but I hadn't heard about the DSP's.

Comment

Working...
        X