Motorcycle Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Speakers?

This is a long shot, but I'm hoping someone here can help me out. My dad wants to upgrade the stock speakers in his electra glide and is looking at Hogtunes brand speakers. The Hogtunes look well built and have a 20 year warranty, but at $110 retail for what appear to be standard 3 1/2" coaxial speakers, they seem a bit steep. The website claims that their speakers perform better on a motorcycle than car speakers because they boost the midrange, making them easier to hear at speed. I'm a bit skeptical of this claim, and especially of the graph they posted comparing their speakers to the "typical" car speaker, where the frequency response attributed to the car speaker shows a huge drop in the midrange response. If car audio companies are intentionally attenuating the midrange response of their speakers, I haven't heard of it...

So, my questions are:

1) Does anyone have experience with motorcycle stereos? What brand of speakers did you use and why?

2) Has anyone heard Hogtunes speakers, or heard of the company? If so, what were your impressions?

I have to talk to my buddy tomarrow about this for you...... I think he is a dealer for hogtunes too..... speakers are made in canada, I think it was ontario some where..... address almost looked like PSB but wasnt...
    Kevin
    Motor City Custom Audio
    Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
    Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

Thanks Sandbagger. Did you get a chance to ask your buddy about the hogtunes?

Comment

Take a look here as well. J&M has a pretty good reputation when it comes to motorcycle audio. I've used their headset on one of my previous Ultra Classics and was very happy with it.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=43
        Ride hard and don't look back...

Comment

I have hogtunes on my 2005 Ultra. I love em. I put them in when I bought the bike new. i believe that they have upgraded their design since I bought mine. I highly recommend them. A bike will not sound as good as a decent car stereo however.

Jim

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
            X