Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Osd

    Just got a H/K 247 refurb about a week ago. Today I turn it on and the OSD will not display. TV tells me there is no signal. I have it hooked up using a yellow video cable. I tried other inputs on the tv and other video wires. Before I try using a s-video for the OSD does anyone know if one cable won't work if the other will?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    I dont know about that reciever but....

    some recievers will only pass one output at a time
    Kevin
    Motor City Custom Audio
    Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
    Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sandbagger
      I dont know about that reciever but....

      some recievers will only pass one output at a time
      I didn't change anything at all. Usually I would go threw the sources on my TV and AV would show up an that's where I would look at the OSD. Now it just says no signal.

      Comment


      • #4
        My experience with a low end Denon (5 yrs old) was that it's OSD only showed up on S-Video. I figured something similar was the case here.

        A quick Google for "HK 247 OSD problems" yielded a large number of hits indicating that the OSD only shows on HDMI.
        Ray

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ray3
          My experience with a low end Denon (5 yrs old) was that it's OSD only showed up on S-Video. I figured something similar was the case here.

          A quick Google for "HK 247 OSD problems" yielded a large number of hits indicating that the OSD only shows on HDMI.
          Thanks Ray. I did do a google but must have asked the wrong question because nothing came up. I don't understand why it worked for over a week and now nothing. I use the same setup on my H/K 240 with no problems, just one video cable. Guess I could un-hook something using s-video to see if that works first. Gee a HDMI cable just to view OSD. It better be in HD:biglaugh:

          Comment


          • #6
            I hear ya!

            BTW - If you DO need a HDMI cable, get if from monoprice.com. Excellent quality / dirt cheap.
            Ray

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ray3
              I hear ya!

              BTW - If you DO need a HDMI cable, get if from monoprice.com. Excellent quality / dirt cheap.
              That's where I buy all my cables. :goodvibes:

              gonna have to try something if I want to change any settings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Contacted Harmon Audio. They had me do a system reset and the OSD is working again.:no clue:

                Comment

                Working...
                X