Adcom pre-amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adcom pre-amp

I'm looking at a used pre-amp and have no experience with the Adcom products. Any thoughts or recommendations regarding the brand?

Fairly slid products from the few amps I have had. I recently put a 10 year old GFA-5300 amp back into a 2 channel casual system I have, and I am still pleased with how that amps sounds after all these years.

Comment

I had this one http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....eamplifier-wit back in the day and thought it was pretty solid. I did however like the sound of an old NAD monitor 1000 better that I had also. I can't really remember why or how they sounded different, just that I liked the NAD better. I was running Paradigm 11semk3's at the time and had carver/nad/adcom amplification. I ended up keeping the NAD stuff and selling the rest save a lone carver amp.

Regarding the brand... you can't really go wrong with adcom. It's solid stuff. The way I always looked at it back in the day was that Rotel and Adcom were on the same page price/quality wise. It was a toss up and still is IMO.
      Time waits for no man.

Comment

Cool. Thanks, man.

Comment

Working...
        X