av123 updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• av123 updates

is anybody paying any attention to av123 "updates" ?? MLS has been posting them almost regularly !!!!!

Originally posted by soundofrockets
    is anybody paying any attention to av123 "updates" ?? MLS has been posting them almost regularly !!!!!
    Yep:huge:
    Lance
    _________
    Whatever

Comment

waiting on the big one

MLS has been posting almost daily, but I am still waiting on the big one. When will we hear about the UFW-12 HR? :stirthepot:

Comment

I think the bigger one will be when we will hear or see when the forums already open for posting again... Not that everyone will go back, but I am curious to see what happens when it does.

Comment

Quit yer belly-achin'.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, will return.

And the people who say they wont - will be the first ones back.

It's a lock.
          There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
          -Cliff Clavin

Comment

I'm not complainin' I am simply stating the facts. They've been gone so long that they are bound to have lost people. How long has it been? 4 months almost?

I'd love for everyone to be back, but as much as I am certain I will start posting there again, I've also found a great place here that begs for my attention, too!

Comment

I think the forum is the last thing on their list of to do's, IMO. I could easily see it being closed for quite some time while they are taking care of the important stuff.....
              Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Yes, Bosshole certainly runs a nice little establishment here, imagine how much nicer it will be when he has significant product in the pipeline. I for one can't wait to hear the WAF-1.

As for closing the AV123 forums to address business issues, I never understood how shutting down public contact served to improve operational business shortcomings, but hopefully I'm wrong.

It makes my brain hurt thinking about it.

However, Cliff Claven says that's not possible because according to Cliff;

"The brain has no sensation of pain even when it is cut!"
                There's a fine line between gardening and Madness.
                -Cliff Clavin

Comment

Originally posted by etcarroll
                  Quit yer belly-achin'.

It's a lock.
                  Originally posted by Jon Liu
                  I'm not complainin' I am simply stating the facts. They've been gone so long that they are bound to have lost people. How long has it been? 4 months almost?

I'd love for everyone to be back, but as much as I am certain I will start posting there again, I've also found a great place here that begs for my attention, too!
                  I don't know how many people will go back or not, when av123forum opens, but even now it has more people logged on than here. :)
                  Ref1,Ref100,RS850,450,RSC200 Sig,ELT525M,MFW-15,UFW10,AVR987/X-amps,LMC-1/LPA1,SB3,P-3A,PS3,HDA3, Gizmo v1.0, SP3 MK II.

Comment

Originally posted by bp2007
                    I don't know how many people will go back or not, when av123forum opens, but even now it has more people logged on than here. :)
                    I like the small community that we have here! I know most of you guys were also from the AV123 forums, but the thing about the TCA forum that makes it unique (IMO) is the small number or people, and how helpful people are. When I was over at AVS, it was just a crammed mess, and I never really got into answers or discussions. It also seemed like everyone there was a multimillionaire and were only interested in talking about very high end stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by etcarroll
                      Quit yer belly-achin'.

It's a lock.
                      Saying it's a lock is likely a bit of a stretch. A small number of people are pissed off enough at AV123 that they will not come back. A larger number of people, like myself, will likely go back at first, but on a much more limited basis. To me, AV123 has a lot to prove as a company, and they need to make their forum a viable place to be. Hopefully, they'll be able to do it. If not, then I won't go spend much time there. As this "break" has demonstrated to many of us, we don't need AV123 to be part of the audio community.
                      So say we all.

Comment

Originally posted by blackzarg
                        I like the small community that we have here! I know most of you guys were also from the AV123 forums, but the thing about the TCA forum that makes it unique (IMO) is the small number or people, and how helpful people are. When I was over at AVS, it was just a crammed mess, and I never really got into answers or discussions. It also seemed like everyone there was a multimillionaire and were only interested in talking about very high end stuff.
                        Its pretty cool to have a place like TCA where the little guy gets a say. AV123 forums was cool cause it had a bit more members and more product. AVS is cool when you need to find something out... like how to mount a subwoofer to your left nut, or where to place your new speakers within your room layout. What is a good blu-ray to buy? AVS is your place. Audioholics is a good place for no BS info, you can believe it or not... but there is usually a differing point of view over there like amps all sound the same etc...
                        Its maybe just a different strokes thing, but its also like every thing in life.
                        Time waits for no man.

Comment

Originally posted by emac
                          Saying it's a lock is likely a bit of a stretch. A small number of people are pissed off enough at AV123 that they will not come back. A larger number of people, like myself, will likely go back at first, but on a much more limited basis. To me, AV123 has a lot to prove as a company, and they need to make their forum a viable place to be. Hopefully, they'll be able to do it. If not, then I won't go spend much time there. As this "break" has demonstrated to many of us, we don't need AV123 to be part of the audio community.
                          Agreed. No reason really to be pissed off imo however. It is what it is. You do business with a shark, be prepared to be bitten. The people that are pissed off IMO are the ones you can count on going back to AV123.com's forums to check stuff out as well as speak their minds. If they can get the small amount (like yourself emac only on a limited basis) intrigued enough to come back, perhaps they will be able to keep them.
                          Time waits for no man.

Comment

I don't have any plans to go back. At this point I'd rather they just make the forum go away and just give mls a place to drop his "updates".

Whatever happens, I really hope that folks don't abandon this forum. There is great potential here given Craig's laid-back approach. I'd love to see more of the guys from the Electronics subforum on av123 hanging out here, talking tweaks, DIY, etc. We'll see what happens when TCA has a variety of products for sale.
                            As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

Comment

Originally posted by droht
                              I don't have any plans to go back. At this point I'd rather they just make the forum go away and just give mls a place to drop his "updates".

Whatever happens, I really hope that folks don't abandon this forum. There is great potential here given Craig's laid-back approach. I'd love to see more of the guys from the Electronics subforum on av123 hanging out here, talking tweaks, DIY, etc. We'll see what happens when TCA has a variety of products for sale.
                              I agree with the fact that this forum has flourished and is a great place. There definitely is a great deal of potential here, but AV123 forum went down months ago and that has a lot to do with the success here imo. We wouldn't have had the greatness here w/o the failures of AV123 however. I think the bottom line is this: the people that made AV123.com forums "good" are some of the same people that are here at TCA as we speak.
                              Time waits for no man.

Comment

Working...
                              X