Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audimute Soundproofing/SoundAbsorption Sheets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Audimute Soundproofing/SoundAbsorption Sheets

    Hello guys, anyone here that has an experience with these sheets?

    http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com...-blankets.aspx

    I'm planning to cover my door with a couple of these so that the sound does not transmit to the outside hall of my place. I tried to "seal" my door but the doorstop solution does not work. I covered the door with a blanket and from a quick-and-dirty measurement (SPL application over an android phone), the SPL reading seems to be reduced by 5 dB measured from a couple of feet outside the door (from 60 dB down to 55 dB). I'm guessing a couple of these will be better than the blanket and it should work?

    I searched AVS and HTS and did not see a lot of reviews/feedback. I saw in HTS that a person used the audimute panels (not the sheets) and it deadened the sound too much and he lost the highs and mids. I want to avoid this as I really like the mids and highs from the A5s.

    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

  • #2
    6 mil plastic sheeting can help stop high and mid freq absortion. I used that plastic over my superchunk bass traps so they don't deaden the room too much just tame the boomy bass. I would go with something like Gik Monster trap and just hang it on the door. You could email Gik and ask them for some advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you gtpsuper24. I was even thinking of a really thick shower curtain over the door at one point.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by D'Argo
        Thank you gtpsuper24. I was even thinking of a really thick shower curtain over the door at one point.
        Hey D I used a heavy canvas curtain, similar to the shower curtain you talked about, I think my wife ordered them from Lane Bryant catalog. Cheap easy solution, I ended up using them on my R&L side walls to decrease early reflections, of course they are black and matches everything in my "cave", gives the effect of nearfield listening without be nearfield, does that make sense?
        Jeff

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jnordi
          Hey D I used a heavy canvas curtain, similar to the shower curtain you talked about, I think my wife ordered them from Lane Bryant catalog. Cheap easy solution, I ended up using them on my R&L side walls to decrease early reflections, of course they are black and matches everything in my "cave", gives the effect of nearfield listening without be nearfield, does that make sense?
          Jeff
          Thank you, Jeff. Do you have a link to the product page? I tried to search for it and got a plus size store. If you enclose the listening area with this canvas curtain, say like a real shower that has a ring curtain, do you think most of the sound can be enclosed or sealed? Thus the free space between the room and this enclosed area can contain the sound? I guess, picture a section of the living room where three sides are walls and one side is a canvas curtain vs. having the curtain at the door.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by D'Argo
            Thank you, Jeff. Do you have a link to the product page? I tried to search for it and got a plus size store. If you enclose the listening area with this canvas curtain, say like a real shower that has a ring curtain, do you think most of the sound can be enclosed or sealed? Thus the free space between the room and this enclosed area can contain the sound? I guess, picture a section of the living room where three sides are walls and one side is a canvas curtain vs. having the curtain at the door.
            Yes D I can picture that, and I do think it can be sealed, and with your three wall would work vs. curtain at the door. I will get the link up for these curtains as soon as my wife gets back, sometime soon today, I bought 8 of these panels (curtains). Link coming soon.
            Jeff

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jnordi
              Yes D I can picture that, and I do think it can be sealed, and with your three wall would work vs. curtain at the door. I will get the link up for these curtains as soon as my wife gets back, sometime soon today, I bought 8 of these panels (curtains). Link coming soon.
              Jeff
              hey D, I'm sorry brother it's Brylane Home, not Lane Bryant, here is the link to the curtains I bought. They have different colors also and generous satisfaction quarantee. Hope this helps my man.
              http://www.brylanehome.com/Search/Se...61,1000000103&
              I got the tab top, makes them easier to hang with rod and they slide apart or bunch together easier.:D

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you, Jeff. This is awesome.

                Originally posted by jnordi
                hey D, I'm sorry brother it's Brylane Home, not Lane Bryant, here is the link to the curtains I bought. They have different colors also and generous satisfaction quarantee. Hope this helps my man.
                http://www.brylanehome.com/Search/Se...61,1000000103&
                I got the tab top, makes them easier to hang with rod and they slide apart or bunch together easier.:D

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D'Argo
                  Thank you, Jeff. This is awesome.
                  Hey D, you are very welcome my friend, they are heavy and hang real nice and smooth, I'm glad that I could help.
                  Cheers, Jeff ;)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gtpsuper24
                    6 mil plastic sheeting can help stop high and mid freq absortion. I used that plastic over my superchunk bass traps so they don't deaden the room too much just tame the boomy bass. I would go with something like Gik Monster trap and just hang it on the door. You could email Gik and ask them for some advice.
                    gtpsuper24, I found the 6 mil plastic sheet from Lowes. Will this effectively seal the door if I hang it on top of the door? I'm guessing that sealing the door will block the sound vs. absorbing it and this will be more effective?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by D'Argo
                      gtpsuper24, I found the 6 mil plastic sheet from Lowes. Will this effectively seal the door if I hang it on top of the door? I'm guessing that sealing the door will block the sound vs. absorbing it and this will be more effective?
                      The 6mil plastic is to go over any broadband absorber from keeping it from deadening the room too much. To block or absorb sound your going to need mass, like the Gik monster traps or those Audimute sheets. The plastic would go over top of the mass product to stop the highs being absorbed.

                      The plastic will tend to reflect the high (treble) and absorb "Tighten" up the midrange and midbass. The mass barrier would slow the transmission of sound through it, which in turns lowers the volume at least on the other side.

                      The the plastic will only reflect the highs, the midrange, midbass and bass will go right throught the plastic, you need an additonal layer or two under the plastic to help in the lower freqs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you, gtpsuper24. That makes sense...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X