X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rumonkey2
    • Jan 2008

Wow - there really is Snow!!

I thought that stuff was make believe.
    We haven't had any measurable snow in 8+ years (in Bham)
    We're always "promised" snow, only to be let down.
    Needless to say, the weather heads were reluctant to mention accumulation for us, but as the day grew late, they were talking up to 4" for the metro area.
    So, like a school kid, I started getting excited...hell, woke up about 4 peeking out the window. (Jake usually lets me sleep in 'til about 5am on Sundays...:rolleyes:)
    Well, just a few moments ago it started...heavy flurries gradually building.
    Gonna be fun watching how this turns out!! taking (crappy) pics as the day progresses....

It's not like the is the first time I've been around it (lived in OK for a better part of 8 years, ski trips, etc...) and I remember one great snow around '81-'82 that shut Bham down for a weekend...
    We had an unexpected blizzard that shut most the city down for 5 days in '93, but I wasn't here then...

May be "silly" to many of you, I know...but it's keeping me from posting in the "Hotties" thread!!:fryingpan::ha ha:
  • craigsub
    • Jul 2004

Price ... There is no way you stay out of the Avatar hottie thread today.

We are at 141.5 inches of snow so far this season - only need 7.5 inches for an all time record. So much for global warming.

Comment

• rumonkey2
      • Jan 2008

Yeah, already tapering off (snow) and already posting in hotties!...:brows:

Comment

• EddieHorton
        On Bailout from TCA's official TARP program
        • Feb 2009

I've lived in B'ham all my life, and was beginning to think that snow didn't exist anymore. It's still coming down hard in Hayden. Me and the wife are about to take our 2 year old daughter out to play. :woo:

Comment

• ratracer
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by craigsub
          Price ... There is no way you stay out of the Avatar hottie thread today.

We are at 141.5 inches of snow so far this season - only need 7.5 inches for an all time record. So much for global warming.
          Think you can take what's on its way here? I sure as sh*t don't want it.

Comment

• madpoet
            • Feb 2009

We're projected to get 16 inches tonight... *sigh*

Comment

• Jerrin
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rumonkey2
              I thought that stuff was make believe.
              We haven't had any measurable snow in 8+ years (in Bham)
              We're always "promised" snow, only to be let down.
              Needless to say, the weather heads were reluctant to mention accumulation for us, but as the day grew late, they were talking up to 4" for the metro area.
              So, like a school kid, I started getting excited...hell, woke up about 4 peeking out the window. (Jake usually lets me sleep in 'til about 5am on Sundays...:rolleyes:)
              Well, just a few moments ago it started...heavy flurries gradually building.
              Gonna be fun watching how this turns out!! taking (crappy) pics as the day progresses....

It's not like the is the first time I've been around it (lived in OK for a better part of 8 years, ski trips, etc...) and I remember one great snow around '81-'82 that shut Bham down for a weekend...
              We had an unexpected blizzard that shut most the city down for 5 days in '93, but I wasn't here then...

May be "silly" to many of you, I know...but it's keeping me from posting in the "Hotties" thread!!:fryingpan::ha ha:

Yeah, I remember that 93' snowstorm. We had 2 1/2 feet of snow at my parent's home. That's still the most snow I have ever experienced in person. Right now I think I have around 2 1/2 inches of snow up here in Morris. Sounds like you city folk are getting a little more snow Price. :thumbsup:

Comment

• skullguise
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by madpoet
                We're projected to get 16 inches tonight... *sigh*
                We're in the same (frozen) boat, about that expected in my area. There are two highways in MA that "circle" Boston, Rt 95/128, and Rt 495. The Northeast to Northwest belt on Rt 495 is projected to get 15+ inches total....
                What if the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about?!

Kinky Tom!

Comment

• EddieHorton
                  • Feb 2009

You're in Morris? Cool. I'm in Hayden. Here's some pics from this morning.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Jerrin
                    • Feb 2009

Nice! I bet your little girl enjoyed the snow. :goodvibes:

Do you have an AV123 system?

Comment

• EddieHorton
                      • Feb 2009

Not personally, but we got my parents an X-LS, X-CS, X-Sub system about a year ago. I had and Ascend 340/170 system with a HSU VTF3-MkII sub, but sold everything off (still waiting for a buyer for the 340 mains). It was in the living room, but with the youngster, we got an Extron matrix switch and moved all the equipment to a closet and hung flat panels everywhere. We just wanted to downsize and simplify all the upstairs stuff. I'm building a dedicated room downstairs and am interested in Craig's high efficiency monitor that he's going to come out with in the future. How about you?

Comment

• Jerrin
                        • Feb 2009

I'm using 850's with Qs8's, 2MFW's and a bigfoot upstairs right now.

If my LS9's ever arrive I'll switch them with the 850's and put the 850's in my HT (which is currently under construction).

Comment

• Ajax
                          Administrative Janitor
                          • Feb 2008

Eddie, how'd she react when the cold snow hit her mouth. Too cute.

Here was my driveway a few weeks ago.
                          Attached Files
                          Jack

Comment

• EddieHorton
                            • Feb 2009

She liked it! We had a light dusting last year when she was about 10 months old. She wanted no part of it, then. She was still not sure about walking in it, but eating it was no problem. :thumbsup:

Comment

• EddieHorton
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jerrin
                              I'm using 850's with Qs8's, 2MFW's and a bigfoot upstairs right now.

If my LS9's ever arrive I'll switch them with the 850's and put the 850's in my HT (which is currently under construction).
                              Sweet system!

Comment

Working...