Detroit housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit housing

I ran across this today and was honestly shocked at how bad Detroit is doing.

2200 houses less than $10,000.

Then you look at the crime statistics:
    Detroit Annual Crime Statistics ...find local info, yellow pages, white pages, demographics and more using Areaconnect Detroit

What could possibly fix this mess? GM doing better isn't going to solve this problem.

edit: look at this beautiful house. 5000 sq ft for $279.

yep things are bad...... and not going to get better anytime soon. The state is doing NOTHING to bring any other industry in so no jobs.

BTW while that is a heck of a home, you wouldnt want to live in that area.
    Kevin
    Motor City Custom Audio
    Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
    Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

Comment

Just buy a whole block for cheap and tear it all down, then build to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by madpoet
        Just buy a whole block for cheap and tear it all down, then build to suit.
        Just be sure to build a VERY tall fence all the way around the neighborhood so no one can get in :stirthepot:

Comment

In SoCal I paid $320K for my 3 bedroom 1000 ft^2 house in Dec. of 2007, three years ago the same houses were going for $500K. Of course, you could probably have gotten a reverse amortized $500K loan for $1,700 mo for five years. :yes:

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter99
            Just be sure to build a VERY tall fence all the way around the neighborhood so no one can get in :stirthepot:
            With the cheap houses I could probably afford armed guards to keep my city block secure.

It really looks like they need to just level those neighborhoods and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandbagger

BTW while that is a heck of a home, you wouldnt want to live in that area.
              It is sad to see such a beautiful home that no one wants because of the surrounding community.

Comment

They just need Robocop to set things right..then all will be well...
                LCR: Gedlee Abbeys for LR and Nathan for Center Surround & rear 4 x Sho10's
                Subs: 4 x 18.2
                Electronics: Marantz SR7002, Acurus 200x3 (LCR), PS3, HTPC, CDP300, Mits HC1500, Elite Peregrine 2.35 156" Acousticpro4k

Comment

Working...
                X