Audio quality when setup is diagonal to room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio quality when setup is diagonal to room

Most setups I've seen with audio and home theater gear have the TV squared up against a wall. Seating is usually at right angles to that, and speakers are pointing roughly at the primary seating position (+ toe-in/out).

Is there going to be an appreciable difference in sound with that kind of setup, as opposed to one where the TV is set up in a corner, facing into the room diagonally? I'm looking at buying a house, and the only room that can really house my setup is going to be the main one, which is very roughly drawn in the following picture. It's not really to scale, but I think it gets the idea across. It's also the best idea I've got for TV and speaker placement so far, so if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Speakers and TV positions are in red. Swinging doors are marked with lines and a curve. The A2's in the rear will be mounted on stands, and kept as unobstructed as possible.
    A) TV position. This will be on top of or in front of a fireplace that is set into the corner of the room. This is the only spot I've really found that still allows placement of speakers (2 A5's + 3 A2's), due to placement of windows and doors.
    B) Couches/seating.
    C) Tables. Breakfast, dining, coffee, whatever.
    D) Kitchen. It's separated from the main area by a breakfast bar that turns into a wall.
    E) Window.
    F) Sliding glass door.
    G) Hallway.

Gotta admit I'm curious to hear responses to this. I currently have mine set up in the corner (so I can watch football from the kitchen), but I have no idea how much of a difference that makes.

Comment

Originally posted by msweig View Post
      Gotta admit I'm curious to hear responses to this. I currently have mine set up in the corner (so I can watch football from the kitchen), but I have no idea how much of a difference that makes.
      What kind of responses you are expecting here? I need to know about it because your curiosity also did made me curious.
      Last edited by Begather; 11-12-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Begather View Post
        What kind of responses you are expecting here? I need to know about it because your curiosity also did made me curious.
        I guess basically how much of a difference it makes compared to the ideal rectangle arrangement.

Comment

Working...
        X