• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surround Back Speaker suggestions?

This is my current set up:
    Front: Arx A3rx-c
    Center: Arx A2rx-c
    Surround: Arx A3
    Subwoofer: PSA-XV15 (I am hoping to add a second one)
    AVR: Pioneer SC-1522-K (Trying to sell locally to get a XT32 AVR)

So, I was thinking of waiting for the new Arx bookshelves, but now my wife and I are house hunting. We put an offer in for a house, and the living room area is big enough to go for a 7.2 set up. So, I was thinking of mounting some bookshelves speakers.

Since these will be use as surround back, I don't think I should spend too much one these. I was thinking of possible using the Polk Audio TL3's.

However, I was wondering if there is any Arx owner using a different brand for surround speakers?

I don't have a speaker recommendation. But did happen to notice you're looking to add another sub? According to your post?

I just noticed someone over at emotiva is selling one that might be exactly like yours. I'm not that guy, just happened to notice his ad right when I noticed your post here.

Here's the ad...

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/t...5-base-shipped

Hope that helps. :salute:

Comment

Yeah. I saw that add. I'm not sure if I will be able to afford it yet. We are in the process of buying a house. So the wife has taken over the bank lol.

Comment

You seem to be looking for a excellent deal, saw this a week ago, and may fit your needs.
        They are a slight more efficient, and have a larger driver than the Polks.
        Plus they have a very good review from a regarded reviewer, Steve Guttenburg of Cnet.com; review here.
        If interested in $58/pr speakers, here's the deal. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS2...4/&tag=mysimon - about 20% of the price of the Polks (I've had a full Polk Rti system, so, I'm not Polk biased.)
        Last edited by sbdman; 04-12-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Martin Logan Motion 2/4 have a similar tweeter as the Arx. You can listen to then at certain Best Buys to see if you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by sbdman View Post
            You seem to be looking for a excellent deal, saw this a week ago, and may fit your needs.
            They are a slight more efficient, and have a larger driver than the Polks.
            Plus they have a very good review from a regarded reviewer, Steve Guttenburg of Cnet.com; review here.
            If interested in $58/pr speakers, here's the deal. http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS2...4/&tag=mysimon - about 20% of the price of the Polks (I've had a full Polk Rti system, so, I'm not Polk biased.)
            Originally posted by supersonic View Post
            Martin Logan Motion 2/4 have a similar tweeter as the Arx. You can listen to then at certain Best Buys to see if you like them.

Thank you guys. I will look into both speakers. I forgot about the Martin Logan speakers being similar to Arx, and that gives me a little more spending room with the BestBuy credit card :eek:

Comment

Working...
            X