Way OT: Washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT: Washers

Always lots of good input from this group, so I thought I'd ask. Our Neptune front loader is starting to go, I suspect a bearing. It will be 12 on the 15th of March, and overall I'd say we've been pleased with it. We had the rubber seal replaced under warranty, and yes a little buildup in that same seal over time, but all in all I'd say that's a good run.

We're already looking at numerous options, and I can't help but wonder if a HE top loader wouldn't be a good/better idea. Anyone else here moved from a FL back to a TL, albeit a HE top loader now?
    Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

In general, TLs do not wash as well as FLs. I just got rid of a 3 year old LG TL because of 3 problems; a rusting bleach dispenser caused rust stains on clothing; the no agitator wave system did not wash well; the slow spin left the load too damp, thus requiring a long drying time. I bought an Electrolux FL because it was the only brand that had a reversable door.(My washer connections are on the right, dryer connections on the left).

Comment

We've got a new TL (less than 1 yr). Seems to be doing fine. Only 2 complaints

1 - Noisy. Strange bumping, clanking noises.
      2 - Sometimes lint is left on black clothes

Comment

I think we've narrowed it down to a couple models, just hoping to hold out long enough for one of them to go on sale. I found there is a mixed bag of preferences out there on which style, and regardless of how you move, there's a tradeoff of sorts. I didn't exactly get a glowing response when I mentioned "top loader", but then again, we've become accustomed to the front loader over all these years, so it would be a change. Who knows, the TL may be the one to go on sale first. Thanks for the input!
        Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Working...
        X