Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go see The Hobbit (part 2) in IMAX

Hey gang,

I finally got around to seeing the Hobbit (Desolation of Smaug) in theaters and paid the extra for IMAX, though I generally hate 3D.

The 3D experience was better than I expected, but the real eye popper was the sound. I don't know if all IMAX theaters' sound systems are created equal, but I think you stand a better chance of getting a really good sound experience from a screen that got $$$ pumped into it by the theater. What blew me away was the quality of low bass we got when Smaug made his appearance. Very loud, very low, and very clean. I felt like my clothes and core were being pushed around: just the way I like my movie experience.

Craig, I would keep an eye out for this blu-ray as a demo for your big boys. I was a little worried that most subs would bottom out and sound horrible if they leave it as is. But...if they don't mess with a good thing, you can probably push a few units based on that scene alone.

I tested IMAX 3D and regular 3D and IMAX sucked. It flickers and you tilt your head a little and it gets messed up.
    Regular HFR 3D all the way!
    affiliate marketing programs

Comment

Working...
    X