Cutting cable...suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting cable...suggestions

I am helping some friends cut cable costs - They have the full package from comcast(internet/cable/phone)

The place they moved into has internet included.

Is Tivo the only option for DVR capabilities if they are non techie(HTPC not an option)?

VOIP - I have Ooma service and have no complaints. The one requirement here is International calling for them as they are from Scotland so they call home probably once a week. Is Vonage the best option?

Thanks

Chad

Sorry to say I'm not going to be any help here, but it is good to see you are happy with Ooma. I pretty much narrowed down to this after a good deal of reading. I like the fact you can use your existing phones, and transfer your number.
    Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Just curious as to what you ended up doing here. Looks like TiVo is moving away from hardware based solutions in favor of a cloud based one. At least from what I'm reading.

I picked up a Ooma after Christmas BTW, rolled my line over for free with a discounted year of premier service. Works great, I would strongly suggest it to anyone looking for a replacement land line solution.
      Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Stick with it.

If you're doing well with it then stick it.
        KZaudiovideo

Comment

Working...
        X