Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help MP3 Player/Noise Cancelling Heaphones/bluetooth for car

Guys need some suggesttions on the following:

MP3 player for an 8 year old. I have been looking at the sandisk as I am not sure if I want to buy him a Ipad Nano.

Noise Cancelling headphones - looking for a pair for my wife with a price limit of $150. Not sure what to get. I came across this article http://lifehacker.com/how-do-i-choos...ones-511026873.

Looking at the Jabra bluetooth for the car for the wife as well. Which one to get though...Drive, freeway, cruiser2.

Thanks

Chad

How tech savvy is the 8 year old? With Apple owning the entire ecosystem (iTunes, iPod) buying and syncing music is easy. It will be different with the Sandisk.

Monoprice has some noise cancelling headphone $114

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_...=2#description

There's also noise isolation earbuds. Tons of those in a wider range of prices.

Comment

Originally posted by paw
      How tech savvy is the 8 year old? With Apple owning the entire ecosystem (iTunes, iPod) buying and syncing music is easy. It will be different with the Sandisk.

There's also noise isolation earbuds. Tons of those in a wider range of prices.
      Modern versions of Windows and Windows Media player make it pretty easy as well. And that's if you don't use the built in software that gets put in the sandisk box.

If she's trying to drown out noise at work, you may want to consider noise isolating as paw suggested. I would imagine noise cancellation doesn't do much for unpredictable soundwaves (human voices) but I could be wrong.
      I have a pair of Sennheiser 380 pros that can be found for around $150. They're almost too nice to use without an amp/dac. Almost. :) Anyway, they do a great job of drowning out the others around me at work, though you may want to get a 3.5mm extension cable from radio shack as the curly cord doesn't reach very far without pulling on the headphones.

Comment

Working...
      X