Question for Quadman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Quadman

Quad I have been admiring your posts on front doors. Got a quick one for you if you have time. I had these doors put in about 3 months ago, they are fiberglass cherry finish. With the now 30 degree weather It seems that the center metal vertical strip is sweating an awful lot when I look at in the morning. Should I be concerned about this? I am bc it runs all the way to the floor and I worry about it damaging the hardwood. Are there any remedies or should I have the service center come out and figure out what is going on? I need to have them out anyway bc I can feel a draft on the top and bottom in the center of the door. Appreciate any advice. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	79336

Thanks.... I sent you a PM.

It's really hard to tell much from that photo. But, hopefully we can chat tomorrow or Monday and see if we can figure out what's going on.

The bottom line, moisture as you know, condenses out on a cold surface. Those French doors have a T-Astrigal in the center. If that is getting too cold, it will sweat on the inside when it does. Prolonged exposure to moisture will definitely affect your floor over time.
    John W.
    Indy

Comment

dsully444....

I've got a couple of ideas for you, but you've never replied to my PM or called. I'd love to help but.... :peeping:
      John W.
      Indy

Comment

Working...
      X