Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone hiring a ME or CAD Monkey?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone hiring a ME or CAD Monkey?

    Was part of the 25+% downsizing at ford the end of jan.

    Figured I would put it out there that I am looking for a job. Since there is not a lot out there and tons of people lookin, word of mouth, knowing someone on the inside ups the chances greatly. I hope

    BSME, [email protected] designing sheet metal. Six Sigma Greenbelt cert. CAD software: 5yrs Catia V5, SDRC IDeas, DataManagers: VPM, TeamCenter Engineering

    would love to get out of automotive and do just about anything else.

    Relocation: ANYWHERE in the WORLD
    Kevin
    Motor City Custom Audio
    Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
    Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

  • #2
    We're looking for a CAD detailer although we're a little ways away from you! Send me your resume and I'll pass it on to the appropriate people. We're an electrical contractor so there would be a lot to learn but finding the right people that you can train is better than finding someone that knows the stuff but is totally unreliable and not a good fit.

    http://www.sequoyah.com/

    We're not the largest electrical contractor in Seattle, but definitely one of the best.

    [email protected]

    Scott

    Comment


    • #3
      anyone else work somewhere they use Catia V5 for cad?

      not having a lot of luck finding anything these days and 75% of all jobs are filled by knowing someone.
      Kevin
      Motor City Custom Audio
      Your Onix and MELODY Dealer for MI,IN,IL,MO,IA,MN,WI and Canada
      Bringing you Chopped/Cut/Modified Subwoofer Kits and even Flames if you want

      Comment


      • #4
        Best of luck, being out of work is no fun. I was out of work for two months last year with no unemployment insurance. Seattle would be a cool place...

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe Catia is too narrow of a requirement? Will any 3D CAD work? Perhaps you can more quickly learn solidworks, autodesk inventor, pro/e?

          Comment


          • #6
            Kevin ... I started in the auto business during the last real recession - 81-82.

            When I started, there were a lot of "old guard" salesmen at the dealership. They all told me that opportunity was no longer in play, and the business was shot.

            I noticed something in the first 2 months ... We new guys were selling lots of cars, while the old guard ended up doing nothing.

            I have not used my degree from Penn State since.

            Today, while talking to my partner, he noticed all our new guys are selling like crazy. The old guys are doing nothing.

            If you want a job, and can live in a small town in Pennsylvania, drop me a line. You would be awesome selling Fords.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by craigsub
              Kevin ... I started in the auto business during the last real recession - 81-82.

              When I started, there were a lot of "old guard" salesmen at the dealership. They all told me that opportunity was no longer in play, and the business was shot.

              I noticed something in the first 2 months ... We new guys were selling lots of cars, while the old guard ended up doing nothing.

              I have not used my degree from Penn State since.

              Today, while talking to my partner, he noticed all our new guys are selling like crazy. The old guys are doing nothing.

              If you want a job, and can live in a small town in Pennsylvania, drop me a line. You would be awesome selling Fords.
              Hell, I've never used my degree from Penn State, and I think it shows. :yes:

              You must have gotten out ten years or so ahead of me Craig.
              As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by droht
                Hell, I've never used my degree from Penn State, and I think it shows. :yes:

                You must have gotten out ten years or so ahead of me Craig.
                Here is a useless piece of trivia for ya.

                It's my senior year, 1982. Some girls needed a half keg carried to the third floor of their dorm. I carry it, and an RA sees me. He writes me up. I get a suspension letter and a letter announcing making Dean's list on the same day.

                I actually had them framed - lost them in our last move in 1996.

                To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person to make Dean's list and get his sorry ass thrown out on the same day.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by craigsub
                  Here is a useless piece of trivia for ya.

                  It's my senior year, 1982. Some girls needed a half keg carried to the third floor of their dorm. I carry it, and an RA sees me. He writes me up. I get a suspension letter and a letter announcing making Dean's list on the same day.

                  I actually had them framed - lost them in our last move in 1996.

                  To the best of my knowledge, I am the only person to make Dean's list and get his sorry ass thrown out on the same day.
                  Very funny good news/bad news scenario.

                  I only ever made it to double secret probation with a ban from on-campus housing, and never made any academic lists. I was a slacker all the way around.

                  We almost crossed paths. I started there in fall of '85.
                  As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by droht
                    Very funny good news/bad news scenario.

                    I only ever made it to double secret probation with a ban from on-campus housing, and never made any academic lists. I was a slacker all the way around.

                    We almost crossed paths. I started there in fall of '85.
                    Were you the guy passed out at the Rathskeller with the deer antlers on his head ?

                    the scary thing ... this **** actually happens in happy valley.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by droht
                      Very funny good news/bad news scenario.

                      I only ever made it to double secret probation with a ban from on-campus housing, and never made any academic lists. I was a slacker all the way around.

                      We almost crossed paths. I started there in fall of '85.
                      Hah, you guys are OLDer. I graduated HS in '87 and college in '96. :assshake:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dvenardos
                        Hah, you guys are OLDer. I graduated HS in '87 and college in '96. :assshake:
                        I'm only jealous if you spent all those years in college...
                        As it turns out, I was never banned. I was wrong yet again. First Obama, now this. :)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dvenardos
                          Hah, you guys are OLDer. I graduated HS in '87 and college in '96. :assshake:
                          That's pretty good for an Associate's degree. Did you get a parade when you arrived home in Hooterville ? :smoke1:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by craigsub
                            That's pretty good for an Associate's degree. Did you get a parade when you arrived home in Hooterville ? :smoke1:
                            Ah, we don't even want to talk about my twenties. I spent a few years as an enlisted in the Navy, then got a NROTC scholarship and was tired of the navy and was training with the Marines in anticipation of switching over. We were going over tactical situations and when the Marine captain gave me a stupid ass tactical situation and I said I would retreat. He told me I should be downstairs instead of up here and I said, "What with the S.E.A.L.s"? I have never seen a room clear so fast. Later the female Marine Sargent Linn told me that the captain was a logistics officer and not infantry. I wasn't even trying to be a smartass. :dizzy:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dvenardos
                              Ah, we don't even want to talk about my twenties. I spent a few years as an enlisted in the Navy, then got a NROTC scholarship and was tired of the navy and was training with the Marines in anticipation of switching over. We were going over tactical situations and when the Marine captain gave me a stupid ass tactical situation and I said I would retreat. He told me I should be downstairs instead of up here and I said, "What with the S.E.A.L.s"? I have never seen a room clear so fast. Later the female Marine Sargent Linn told me that the captain was a logistics officer and not infantry. I wasn't even trying to be a smartass. :dizzy:
                              If anyone here grew up in Hooterville, it was I.

                              THAT is a funny story ... my dealer partner is an ex Green Beret. He got angry at a situation where he had purchased a purple Ford Ranger for a customer. This was a good customer who was buying the truck for a graduation present for his daughter.

                              Purple rangers are not exactly a hot seller in small town Pennsylvania - the guy calls the next day, and cancels the order because his wife found her a purple Ranger in Buffalo and bought it on the spot.

                              Walking into his office, my partner punched his solid oak door once. It broke. In half.

                              It's a lot funnier now than it was 10 years ago.

                              The thing is ... he always said he was not afraid of anyone, but he would not want to tangle with a SEAL.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X