Interview with Mark Levinson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Mark Levinson.

I just finished reading a two part interview with Mark Levinson at the Secrets of Home Theater website. The link to the first part is here:Part 1
    Second part is here: Part 2
    It was a really interesting read about a person who I only knew a bare minimum about. What I found particularly neat was his thoughts on high efficiency speaker designs in part 1. Similar concepts, I think, to what Craig is trying to do here.

Best....Carlo.

Very interesting read. Laughed at the part where he said "I see no advantage in tube amps except for people who want to look at glowing tubes." Ouch!

Also, lusting over the M1 speakers, gee, 100db/watt but $100,000 per pair. And the M5 400watt mono amp at $8k apiece (needing 4 for the pair bi-amped). It will be very interesting what he comes up with in his $5000 system for the average Joe, speakers and amp!

Comment

Yup. I'll bet that tube comment of his ruffled a few feathers out there! I've always been struck with the build quality of his equipment so I'm not surprised at the look and price of his newest stuff. It is gorgeous looking! Count me as curious to see what his "system for the common man" consists of as this time around he gets to call all the shots.

Best....Carlo.

Comment

Working...
      X