No announcement yet.

Best BluRay Movie For First Viewing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BluRay Movie For First Viewing???

I just got my PS3 from UPS a day early (thanks Darren!) and am gonna go rent a BluRay movie after I leave from work. What should I get? I'd like something that really shows off the video portion (although showing off audio wouldn't be bad either :D). What are some good 1080p/24 movies I should look at?

Thanks!

Scott

Kung Fu Panda

Dark Knight

These 2 are pretty good at audio as well.
    Time waits for no man.

Comment

The Dark Knight

Wall-E
      Originally posted by dvenardos, it mad me laugh and now it's my sig.
      Originally posted by dvenardos
      Your right, the TCA sub is crap, it couldn't possibly compete with an MFW-15 or a name brand 12" sub, and Jack and Ray are just schilling for their boss. We should know better than to listen to what those bozos have to say.

Comment

If you want something kid friendly, I recommend Wall-E, Cars, or Ratatouille.

For adults, Apocalypto, I Robot, or Crank.

Comment

Originally posted by a-rone
          The Dark Knight

Wall-E
          Originally posted by BinaryLinguist
          If you want something kid friendly, I recommend Wall-E, Cars, or Ratatouille.

For adults, Apocalypto, I Robot, or Crank.
          Do you know if Wall-E is 24 or 60 fps?

Comment

I may be incorrect but I believe the 24fps is related to the capabilities of your display and the blu-ray player. In your case the PS3 is capable ( I believe ). Oh and your TV will def do 24p default if you haven't changed the settings.

Here is a great link with information on TV's and displays, if interested:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=5155

Comment

Don't know if WALL-E is is 24 or 60 fps. The box just says "1080p High Definition." But, if you've not seen it, I cast another vote for this choice.
              Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cedman1
                I may be incorrect but I believe the 24fps is related to the capabilities of your display and the blu-ray player. In your case the PS3 is capable ( I believe ). Oh and your TV will def do 24p default if you haven't changed the settings.
                If I remember correctly (and I DEFINITELY could be wrong) is that movies are filmed at either 24 or 60 fps with the standard being 24. The PS3 will output 24 and 60 and my TV is 120hz so it'll do both, I've just heard that the benefits of 120hz are most recognizable on a 24fps movie. Once again, I could be totally wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
                  Don't know if WALL-E is is 24 or 60 fps. The box just says "1080p High Definition." But, if you've not seen it, I cast another vote for this choice.
                  We've all seen it, but it is a GREAT movie :D

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter99
                    If I remember correctly (and I DEFINITELY could be wrong) is that movies are filmed at either 24 or 60 fps with the standard being 24. The PS3 will output 24 and 60 and my TV is 120hz so it'll do both, I've just heard that the benefits of 120hz are most recognizable on a 24fps movie. Once again, I could be totally wrong, though.
                    You know I believe you are correct also. :huge: Most movies are filmed at 24fps however that does make me wonder about those that are digitally recorded. We need a :brainiac: to give us the lowdown.

***OK, according to this forum entry[ http://futureshopforums.com/futuresh...essage.id=3794 ] all blu-ray movies are 24p capable ***

So yes, Wall-E is 24p capable, I think :fryingpan:

Comment

Look at this thread on AVS. The anal retentive dudes have compiled a list of blu-ray video transfers, ranging from Tier 0(reference quality) to Tier 5(not so good). :burgerking:
                      --Michael--

Comment

Originally posted by richeydog
                        Look at this thread on AVS. The anal retentive dudes have compiled a list of blu-ray video transfers, ranging from Tier 0(reference quality) to Tier 5(not so good). :burgerking:
                        Glad to have the anal retentives over there... pretty cool list :smoke1:
                        Time waits for no man.

Comment

How about getting some of the "Bikini Destinations" BDs from HDNet. If you don't like them, send them to me ;)
                          PhenomeNhan Audio Video

Your authorized ONIX dealer for the Great States of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.!
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by richeydog
                            Originally posted by Jethro
                            Glad to have the anal retentives over there... pretty cool list :smoke1:
                            Agreed :thumbsup: That's QUITE the list!

Comment

Originally posted by PhenomeNhan
                              How about getting some of the "Bikini Destinations" BDs from HDNet. If you don't like them, send them to me ;)
                              For some reason, I doubt my wife would like that :shiftyeyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X