Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two subs with one LFE output

Need some input on hooking these up.

I currently have a UFW-10 fed from the LFE output of my AVR-3803. At the sub end of this I have a Y splitter in order to utilize both the R and L inputs on the UFW-10.

If I wanted to add another sub should they be identical models? I have a RBH TS-10AP which is a good sounding sub, but obviously a different beast than the UFW-10. If I did use it, seemingly the best way to hook it up would be to use the existing Y splitter to feed the RBH, then go from the R and L line outs on the RBH to the R and L inputs on the UFW. Am I thinking correct?

Thanks!
    Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

I would use a y-splitter on the LFE output from the receiver, then run a single cable to each sub. Not sure there is a benefit to sending the signal to both inputs on the sub, just a single cable to the L/LFE input should be sufficient. I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure how using two different subs will work, I haven't experimented much with multiples before. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Comment

Well, on the UFW-10 with the original amp there was supposed to be a +5db gain (or something along these lines so don't hold me to that) when both inputs were used.

If I were to do what you suggest I would keep the splitter at the end of my subwoofer cable, and use two short sub cables to connect each sub as my AVR is 15' away. Shouldn't matter either way, or at least I wouldn't think so.

I am a bit concerned with mixing subs, I actually think the RBH actually sounds better, at least with music. The black album DVD-A sounds killer with this sub.
      Coach Pat Summitt - Folding at Home

Comment

Originally posted by bkellison
        I would use a y-splitter on the LFE output from the receiver, then run a single cable to each sub. Not sure there is a benefit to sending the signal to both inputs on the sub, just a single cable to the L/LFE input should be sufficient. I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure how using two different subs will work, I haven't experimented much with multiples before. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
        With multiple subs, you should end up with smoother response, but there is more to consider than just the hook-ups. These links may be of some help:

First

Second

Third
        Ray

Comment

Working...
        X