The best you have heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best you have heard

What av123 setup sounded the best in a home theater setup. What setup that YOU have heard was better.

DB - First, welcome to Tweak City's forum.

That's a tough question ... The best I have heard is LS-6, but those are pretty expensive.

Are you trying to put together a theater system for yourself ? Or are you more interested in tossing around a few ideas with the guys ?

Comment

I have the 850 rocket mfw package powered by a denon 4806 and I really. enjoy it. The reason I ask is because I have read about more speakers than I have actually heard. I heard the ls6 but in a 2 channel setup at the nagtg. I really respect your and others opinions actually your subwoofer review is what turned me on to av123. I am really just wondering about future upgrades as I am building a house with a dedicated room in the near future.

Comment

The best HT system I have heard is my own 850/200/300 speaker system with 2 SVS PB12+2's and 2 UFW12's.

filled the room with great sound and plenty of low end BOOM !

But sense then I'm using the LS6's and x-voce and 300's . Sound wise it is quite a step up but I'm lacking the HT boom I'd prefer for movies.

The LS6's alone for music is the best I have heard :yes:
        A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Derrell Biffle
          I have the 850 rocket mfw package powered by a denon 4806 and I really. enjoy it. The reason I ask is because I have read about more speakers than I have actually heard. I heard the ls6 but in a 2 channel setup at the nagtg. I really respect your and others opinions actually your subwoofer review is what turned me on to av123. I am really just wondering about future upgrades as I am building a house with a dedicated room in the near future.
          I am guessing you are not in a hurry to upgrade speakers, which is good. One interim upgrade to consider is a good power amp, especially for the mains and center.

You will get better performance from your current set up, and also be better set in the future when you are ready to upgrade.

There are going to be some nice options available to you in the next 2 years, including within the Rocket line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tortured Monkey
            The best HT system I have heard is my own 850/200/300 speaker system with 2 SVS PB12+2's and 2 UFW12's.

filled the room with great sound and plenty of low end BOOM !

But sense then I'm using the LS6's and x-voce and 300's . Sound wise it is quite a step up but I'm lacking the HT boom I'd prefer for movies.

The LS6's alone for music is the best I have heard :yes:
            Boy oh boy...think of how much money you have spent since meeting me...I turned you onto SVS, av123, xbox 360, and Jack Daniels...where would you be without me? :dizzy:

My LS6/Voce/ACI 8" inwall/Tri-MFW 15 setup sounds pretty good...:rock:
            He who stand on toliet get high on pot!:stirthepot:

Comment

Originally posted by hectic1
              Boy oh boy...think of how much money you have spent since meeting me...I turned you onto SVS, av123, xbox 360, and Jack Daniels...where would you be without me? :dizzy:

My LS6/Voce/ACI 8" inwall/Tri-MFW 15 setup sounds pretty good...:rock:
              As usual you are half right with this coment.

Ready for some gears ?:fryingpan:
              A knock at the door said "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" I thought it was a delivery.:biglaugh:

Comment

going downstairs now...:crowd:

Comment

The LS are some serious speakers...among the best I've heard and certainly the top of the food chain in the av123 products I've heard...
                  "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

Comment

The BEST HT I've ever heard was a demo room/hangar in Mesquite, TX. Eric Grundleman. @ $1,000,000 theater....
                    Never Argue With An idiot. They'll Lower You To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience!

Comment

Regarding a ls6 theater setup I know that a center channel is in the works, do most people use a x-voce or go with a phantom center? What thaeter setup sounds the best? What was used for the rear and center channels? If a rocket setup is the best that you have heard give the details i.e. amplification, sources, x-omnis in the back. What size rooms tend to be easier to tame? I know that this post is random but I am trying to get ideas from everyone. Craigsub I want to thank you for all of your reviews in the past, I have learned alot lurking around in the last year. Arthurs thanks for the reply you have the two channel setup of my dreams. Your room reflects great creativity and taste.

Comment

I have used phantom and an x-voce for center and I'm using 300's for the rear channels

Comment

Originally posted by Derrell Biffle
                          Arthurs thanks for the reply you have the two channel setup of my dreams. Your room reflects great creativity and taste.

Thanks for the kind words Derrell, open invite if you're ever in the area!
                          "Let the floating wall float" - m-fine

Comment

Originally posted by Tortured Monkey
                            I have used phantom and an x-voce for center and I'm using 300's for the rear channels
                            Which did you prefer and why?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyg1983
                              Which did you prefer and why?
                              he doesn't know...this is a guy that changes speakers almost weekly...Which is about as much as he changes his shorts!:assshake:

If you can give the Voce room to breathe it's really a fantastic center...I prefer it to my Bigfoot. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                              X